ibm.com stays online, even when locked-out

Roland

May 23, 2007, 6:44:00 AM5/23/07
Internet Explorer 6 has a setting in Internet-Options, Content,
Internet-Restrictions. In this tab I can setup IE in such a way, that I can
browse to ONLY the domains that I have entered in the list for approved
websites. (Kiosk-mode)

This works fine, I enter eg. www.microsoft.com and I can only browse to
microsoft.

Now, here's the catch; When I enter the URL www.ibm.com in the address-bar
of IE6, I can ALWAYS go to that site! No matter what I enter in the
approved-sites-list.

Is there a reason for this behaviour?

Info: OS is MS Windows XP SP2, with all updates. (except IE 7)
Internet Explorer 6 SP2

Roger Abell [MVP]

May 23, 2007, 9:22:38 AM5/23/07
Hi Roland,

Have you asked in one of the
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.*
newsgroups ?

Roger

"Roland" <Rol...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Roland

May 23, 2007, 9:59:00 AM5/23/07
Hi Roger,

Nope
because I think that this is more a sort of security-issue.
It seems that I cannot lockout all sites, apart from the ones I have in the
list.

Roland

Malke

May 23, 2007, 10:44:25 AM5/23/07

I don't know the reason since IE isn't my area of expertise, but
depending on what the OP's end goal is, he may wish to look at
third-party solutions. A good, free one is Naomi.

http://www.radiance.m6.net/

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Roger Abell [MVP]

May 23, 2007, 11:25:31 AM5/23/07

> Hi Roger,
>
> Nope
> because I think that this is more a sort of security-issue.
> It seems that I cannot lockout all sites, apart from the ones I
> have in the list.

While your point may be well-taken, the internetexplorer NGs are
still the place to locate those most familiar with IE and its issues.

Roger