Windows continuously asks to restart

Anonymous

Jul 5, 2007, 8:58:05 PM7/5/07
"The windows must be restarted before updating can continue. Would you like
to restart now?" is the message that keeps popping up after restarting. Even
if I choose to restart, the same message appears. How do I get this to stop?

Leonard Grey

Jul 5, 2007, 9:16:01 PM7/5/07
The information here:

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

will show you how to create a post that is more likely to get you the
information you need.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Anonymous

Jul 5, 2007, 10:18:03 PM7/5/07
Sorry, I meant "The computer must be restarted before updating can continue.
Would you like to restart now?"

My compuer runs on Windows XP SP2. I do not believe it is an installation of
software problem, as I have not installed anything lately, and this only
happened after I restarted. I have already searched around the internet, and
there have been no matches to aid me in resolving this problem. There is
absolutely no reason for the restart request in my perspective, as it does
absolutely nothing to stop the message from reappearing after Windows starts
again. I have tried using System Restore before the latest Software
Distribution by Automatic Updates. This has had no effect, except that the
language toolbar does not appear by itself anymore, as it is not manually
chosen. Other than that, there is no real difference. I will try another
System Restore promptly, to see if this may be the solution, if I choose a
time that is more in the past. Thank you.

Milo (MSPSS)

Jul 6, 2007, 12:58:05 PM7/6/07
A possible Windows update got stuck along the way, please turn off your
Automatic updates
Right click my computer> Properties > Automatic Update ( Turn it off )
after such it will dump all updates inbetween installation, then go to back
there
once more after you restarted your system.

you can try this for start.
--
Milo
MSPSS

Milo (MSPSS)

Jul 6, 2007, 1:18:00 PM7/6/07
And should that make it then turn on again the Automatic Update, But should
it fail advise us thanks
--
Milo
MSPSS

Jamie

Jul 24, 2007, 4:12:03 PM7/24/07
Anonymous, did that work for you?

I have the same problem, but it didn't.

Just today I installed re-installed Windows XP. I ran Windows Update
multiple times because the install CD was SP1. After I completed all the
Express installs, I manually installed Windows Media Player 11 and .NET 3.0

After they installed I rebooted. This message then was displayed. Media
Player is working fine and running...I uninstalled .NET 3.0 and .NET 2.0, and
I have restarted many times. The message still appears.

Thanks,

Jamie

seekstromd

Jul 27, 2007, 8:52:02 AM7/27/07

Solution can be found here, the problem is related to adobe acrobat.
http://icttechalerts.blogspot.com/
and here

http://ict.cas.psu.edu/NewsLetters/enews73.html#Article6

Jamie

Jul 27, 2007, 9:48:01 AM7/27/07
Thank you very much. That was the problem/solution. I re-installed Adobe and
the issue went away.

seekstromd

Jul 27, 2007, 9:56:09 AM7/27/07