Submit a form in another frame

Michael Harris

Mar 28, 2001, 5:39:12 PM3/28/01
Have the upper frame button's onclick handler call

parent.lowerFrameName.formName.submit();

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

"Bob Phillips" <bob.ph...@freeuk.com> wrote in message news:eBu3CM9tAHA.1472@tkmsftngp03...
> Hi,
>
> I have a page that is split in two using frames. The upper frame is
> headings, the lower is a scrollable display area.
>
> The lower frame holds a form and I want to submit that to a server
> application. If I put a button on the lower frame, obviously it can
> disappear when the user may want to click, forcing them to scroll back -
> nasty. What I would like is to put the submit button on the upper frame, and
> when clicked it would submit the form on the lower frame.
>
> Anyone have the code to achieve this, or any bright ideas to achieve the
> desired effect in another way?
>
> TIA
>
> Bob Phillips

Bob Phillips

Mar 28, 2001, 5:07:29 PM3/28/01

Bob Phillips

Mar 29, 2001, 3:46:34 PM3/29/01
Michael,

Thanks for that, it works a treat.

I was on the right lines myself, but it didn't work because I tried
addressing the form by index, i.e.
parent.frames[1].forms[0].submit();
and it gave me an error that '... object forms.0' did not exist. Why would
this not work?

Thanks

Bob

Michael Harris <Please....@To.NewsGroup> wrote in message

Michael Harris

Mar 29, 2001, 7:30:00 PM3/29/01
parent.frames[1].document.forms[0].submit();

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting