merging with excel

Stephanie

Jan 24, 2006, 9:41:02 AM1/24/06
I am merging an excel spreadsheet into a publisher doc. The spreadsheet
contains a column of numbers generated from a formula. The formula contains
a # with multiple decimal places. When I merge, the numbers appear in the
publisher doc with 4-5 decimal places. I tried altering the numbers in excel
to have only 2 decimal places, but it still merges with more. How can I
merge them to appear with only 2?

Ed Bennett

Jan 24, 2006, 11:35:58 AM1/24/06
Stephanie <Step...@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:

Export your Excel sheet as a CSV file and merge against that, instead of the
Excel file.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Stephanie

Jan 24, 2006, 12:04:01 PM1/24/06

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

ok, but how do I export as a csv file? Is it as simple as "saving as"? If
so, then it didn't work.

Martin

Feb 17, 2006, 12:49:59 PM2/17/06
Apparently I answered my own question. If you are using Excel as your data
source document I recommend taking the series of cells that are causing
troubles and using the "FIXED" function to set them to the desired number of
decimal places. It worked for me.

Martin