Installing Project Pro 2007

ub40

Mar 14, 2008, 8:38:00 PM3/14/08
I have office enterprise installed on my LT running XP i start the setup and
i enter the product key it then gives me an error message that says it cannot
find office on my LT i point it to the folder but no joy. Please help

Rod Gill

Mar 14, 2008, 11:52:41 PM3/14/08

You don't need Office to be installed to install Project. Is this a full
copy or an upgrade version. An upgrade version would be looking for a
previous copy of Project.

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
http://www.projectvbabook.com

"ub40" <ub...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

ub40

Mar 15, 2008, 2:23:00 PM3/15/08
Hi Rod
It is a copy i received in my action pack it just says MS Office Project
Professional 2007. The part #on the disk is X13-38154 EN.

Rod Gill

MikeMcSharry

Mar 16, 2008, 4:24:04 AM3/16/08
It's a known problem with Action Pack - Microsoft sent out upgrade
disks instead of ful copies for project pro 2007. 2 solutions - do you
have a previous action pack - if so - here's what I did
Copy project 2007 media to your PC
insert project 2003 disk in drive - stop the autorun
install project 2007 from PC hard disk using numbers supplied by
microsoft

If you don't - then contact your regional microsoft fulfilment centre
for replacement disk
Mike McSharry

Rod Gill

MikeMcSharry

Mar 17, 2008, 1:07:02 PM3/17/08
Hi Rod,
if you have action pack and loaded project 2007 onto a machine where
you'd been running Project 2003, then you wouldn't have noticed.. I
only found the hard way because I took the opportunity to do a
complete re-install of vista and the action pack packages...