Close Admin Project

Kay

Dec 29, 2008, 10:57:01 AM12/29/08

I'm working from PS2003 and I'm trying to close the administartive project
that we have to keep track of peoples leave.

I have closed it on MS Project and re-published it, and it no longer appears
on the project list on PWA, unless I view all projects, But the problem is
that the project still appears on my teams tasks. How can I get ride off it,
so that it doesn't appear on their view?

We have tried to hide it, but it won't allow that.

Please help.

Chak

Dec 29, 2008, 11:37:38 AM12/29/08
Hi Kay,

You have to remove the task entries from timesheet.

Steps:

Open the plan in MS Project Professional 2003

On Resource sheet view, insert column called "Book Type"

For all the resources, click Proposed in the Booking Type column.

Republish the plan

This will remove the tasks from the user Timesheet views.

Thanks
Chak
pVector Technologies
http://www.pvectortech.com
http://ww.epmcentral.com

Chak

Dec 29, 2008, 12:11:48 PM12/29/08

Hi Kay,

You have to remove the task entries from timesheet. I am listing the
detailed steps to remove resource timesheet entries.

Steps:

Open the plan in MS Project Professional 2003 by connecting to Project
Server

On Resource sheet view, insert column called "Book Type"

For all the resources, click Proposed in the Booking Type column.

Click Collaborate, point to Publish, and then click Republish
Assignments

Clear all options except the Become the manager for these assignments
option

Click OK, and then close the plan.

On Dec 29, 10:37 am, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kay,
>
> You have to remove the task entries from timesheet.
>
> Steps:
>
> Open the plan in MS Project Professional 2003
>
> On Resource sheet view, insert column called "Book Type"
>
> For all the resources, click Proposed in the Booking Type column.
>
> Republish the plan
>
> This will remove the tasks from the user Timesheet views.
>
> Thanks
> Chak

> pVector Technologieshttp://www.pvectortech.comhttp://ww.epmcentral.com

> On Dec 29, 9:57 am, Kay <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I'm working from PS2003 and I'm trying to close the administartive project
> > that we have to keep track of peoples leave.
>
> > I have closed it on MS Project and re-published it, and it no longer appears
> > on the project list on PWA, unless I view all projects, But the problem is
> > that the project still appears on my teams tasks. How can I get ride off it,
> > so that it doesn't appear on their view?
>
> > We have tried to hide it, but it won't allow that.
>

> > Please help.- Hide quoted text -

Kay

Jan 2, 2009, 5:57:01 AM1/2/09
Hi Chak,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, it worked perfectly.

Can you just tell me though why the project did not close in the first
place, as I did close it the way I would normally close a project (Project
Information - Closure - N/A - Republish the assignment).

Thank you

Kay

Chak

Jan 2, 2009, 2:11:21 PM1/2/09
Hi Kay,

It seems to be "Closure" column under Project Information is an
internal flag defined by your organization/administrator to indicate
the project status as closed. By doing this, you guys are hiding the
project info from PWA views. But this process will not remove the
timesheet entries from team members. You have to do this additional
step (Mark the Proposed in the Booking Type column) to remove the
timesheet entries. I hope, you understood the process of project
closure.

Thanks
Chak
pVector Technologies