Home page redirection error

Marky Mark

May 18, 2006, 11:32:01 AM5/18/06
Hi All,

We have been having a problem on our Project Server 2003 installation
whereby some users are intermittently being redirected to the Home page when
they try to load the Tasks page. This sometimes occurs when they try to load
the Projects page too. I have noticed that this problem has been discussed
at length within the newsgroups for some time now, but no definitive solution
has been found.

We have been working directly with Microsoft on this problem and they have
been analysing our environment to find the problem. It looks like they *may*
have identified the source of the error today. It has been escalated to an
engineer, and I will post an update once I have further information.

Kind regards,
Mark.

Kobren@discussions.microsoft.com Maurício Kobren

Jun 5, 2006, 2:48:01 PM6/5/06
Hi Mark.
Any update on this? I am now experiencing the same problem

Kind regards,
Maurício Kobren.

Mark Lazarus

Jun 5, 2006, 9:29:02 PM6/5/06
Hi Maurício,

I don't have an update yet, but we are still working with Microsoft on this
one. I will post an update as soon as I have one.

Cheers,
Mark.

carola

Jun 9, 2006, 11:11:26 AM6/9/06

Please let me know if you find out the solution. The problem is occuring
with some users here.

Thanks in advance

--
carola
http://www.mcse.ms

Regis

Jul 5, 2006, 10:08:01 AM7/5/06
Hi

We have this issue here. Anybody from outside cannot go to task page.

Internally, everything is Ok. I try from home using my laptop and the task
page is re-direct to Home page.

I have the most recent mdac, no 'special' toolbar as google, My windows XP
is up to date, Our project server is up to date etc.

I tried with other machines and as soon it's from outside, this issue happen.

I'm trying to sale the use of project server and timesheet strategy. The
resources were excited at the beginning, but the external resource are now
more and more disappointed. We are trying to fix this problem since May
without results.

Do we have any update from microsoft on it?

Thank you

Suz

Jul 5, 2006, 3:44:01 PM7/5/06
Hi Mark!

I am starting to hear more and more of this same problem that you are
waiting for results for from Microsoft. PLEASE, PLEASE let us know asap!
There's alot of us counting on you!!!

Regis

Jul 5, 2006, 4:35:02 PM7/5/06
Hi Suz and others

I started a new post today - Subject: Home page redirection error - Any
update?

Hope this situation fix in a very short term

Thank you

Mark Lazarus

Jul 5, 2006, 11:34:01 PM7/5/06
Suz,

Still haven't had any luck with Microsoft yet. We are working with them
pretty much on a daily basis, but they have been unable to replicate the
error. As soon as I know anything further, I'll update this thread.

Cheers,
Mark.

Joe Veler

Jul 12, 2006, 10:23:01 PM7/12/06
Hey Everybody,

I've installed project server 2003 a few different times in the last year
and the most recent attempt is the most successful. I'm sure that's to the
attention MS has put on it... it could be GREAT!

Needless to say, I've got this same error. Latest MDAC installed, no Google
Toolbar, no Discussion icon from Office or anything like that.

I don't have any "solution" in mind, but I do have a bit more input as to
the nature of the problem. On my systems, it is an intermittent issue and
seems to happen when data on the server is in an "updating" state. For
instance, if I change a task and upload with Project 2003, then have a
resource log in (even on my on internal network), the task list might exhibit
the behavior described perfectly (goes to task page, flickers as though the
grid control starts to render, and then goes back to home page). This is
intermittent and if you click tasks like 5 times or more and give it about a
minute between them, eventually it goes back to normal.

This is happening on the Tasks and Projects tabs of PWA. It happens whether
I address the site with an intranet machine name (I am not using active
directory), or with the IP address, or with a FQDN. FYI, my configuration is
one server with Sharepoint services v2, Project Server SP2a using Project
Authentication, Windows 2003 SP1, SQL Server 2000 SP3a. I only have 5 user
accounts and this is for a small biz setup.

If anyone has further insight... I'm sure it's still an issue.

As with other developers, I would like to offer this kind of solution to my
clients, but I don't want to be hounded with tech support calls all day. In
my processes of bug troubleshooting, I look for patterns first... anyone see
anything in common with my setup that might be the linking factor???

Joe

Joe Veler

Jul 13, 2006, 9:49:03 AM7/13/06
Hey,

I started working on this again this morning and have eliminated the
problem. This might not work for everyone, but I installed an SSL
certificate on the server and applied it to the Vserver with project on it.
Everything seems to work fine and I haven't had any further issues once I
addressed the site via https://

I didn't purchase a certificate, I just made my own using makecert.exe from
the MS Platform SDK. More info on using makecert is available at:

Please let me know if this helps anyone else.

Joe

Joe Veler

Jul 13, 2006, 4:56:02 PM7/13/06
Can't wait to hear from someone else on this, but to my dismay, this seemed
to only alleviate the problem temporarily. It came back again and seems to
be on the data & time delay as mentioned in my previous post.

Any headway with Microsoft on this issue Marky Mark?

Joe