Making a Project Custom Field Read Only

Incanus

Oct 21, 2009, 3:17:59 PM10/21/09
to ssal...@bancoestado.cl, sar...@bancoestado.cl
Hello:

Is there a way to make a Project Server's Project Custom Field read
only, so that any user (other than a admin) may not be able to edit
it, either from Project Web Access or from Office Project Pro 2007?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastián Armas
Project Manager

Dale Howard [MVP] dot at dot

Oct 21, 2009, 4:39:37 PM10/21/09
Sebastian --

No, it is not possible to make a field Read-Only to one set of users and
Read/Write for others. Sorry.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

"Incanus" <sebasti...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hello:

Thanks in advance,

Sebasti�n Armas
Project Manager

Incanus

Oct 22, 2009, 5:23:22 PM10/22/09
to sar...@bancoestado.cl
Is it possible then to make other fields read/only from Office Project
Professional, such as Project End or Start date, or other such fields
from the chart view?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastián Armas
Project Manager

On Oct 21, 5:39 pm, "Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale(dot)howard(at)

msprojectexperts(dot)com> wrote:
> Sebastian --
>
> No, it is not possible to make a field Read-Only to one set of users and
> Read/Write for others.  Sorry.
>
> --
> Dale A. Howard [MVP]
> VP of Educational Services

> msProjectExpertshttp://www.msprojectexperts.comhttp://www.projectserverexperts.com

Dale Howard [MVP] dot at dot

Oct 22, 2009, 7:35:56 PM10/22/09
Icanus --

No, you cannot lock standard fields, such as the Start and Finish fields.
Basically, you CANNOT lock any fields in Microsoft Project. The only
exception to this rule concerns standard and custom enterprise fields for
enterprise resources in the Enterprise Resource Pool. Only the Project
Server administrator can edit enterprise resources in the Enterprise
Resource Pool. Hope this helps.

--

Is it possible then to make other fields read/only from Office Project
Professional, such as Project End or Start date, or other such fields
from the chart view?

Thanks in advance,

Sebasti�n Armas

Gary Chefetz

Oct 22, 2009, 9:55:27 PM10/22/09
Sebasti�n:

If you do not want users to have this level of access, then don't give them
Project Professional to work with. Instead, have them use Project Web Access
to view schedules where you have lots of control of what people can see.
People who need Project Pro are the people who manage the schedules, and as
such, they need to be able to change start and finish dates.

--
Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP
msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com

"Incanus" <sebasti...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Is it possible then to make other fields read/only from Office Project
> Professional, such as Project End or Start date, or other such fields
> from the chart view?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Sebasti�n Armas

Incanus

Oct 23, 2009, 9:10:09 AM10/23/09
to sar...@bancoestado.cl
Thank you all for all your kind and prompt replies.

I'll go for a solution using Project Professional VBA, if and when the
user tries to modify a certain field.

Gratefully yours,

Sebastián Armas
Project Manager

stanleyd.m...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 5:23:42 AM10/9/14
Recovery utility that allows its user to extract files and documents from corrupt MS Project Server using this tool can efficiently deal with all corruption issues and further restore entire project information from different project workspaces.

Read More:- http://www.filesrecoverytools.com/project-server-recovery.html

kunalka...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 4:30:33 AM7/26/16
Please find steps on below blog post to make custom field read only.

https://projectserverblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/read-only-custom-fields/

Hope this helps :)

Thanks
Kunal