Disable 'Convert chart to new format' pop-up

Lihong

Jun 11, 2007, 1:11:02 PM6/11/07

In PowerPoint 2007, insert a object with type "Microsoft Office Excel Chart".
If double click on the chart, a warning message always pops up:

"To edit this chart using the new features available in the 2007 Microsoft
Office system, you must first convert it to the 2007 Office system format.
Do you want to convert this chart to the new format?"

Is there a way to disable this warning message?? Because I need to add
"Excel.Chart" to the presentation, and I do not want the user to see this
message every time when the chart is double-clicked.

Any advice please?

Thanks,

Steve Rindsberg

Jun 16, 2007, 4:55:47 PM6/16/07

Try this registry setting:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Charting

Add a new DWORD: MSGraphEnable
Set it to value: 1

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com