PowerPoint doesn't display correctly

MichiganMarty

Jul 5, 2009, 7:06:00 PM7/5/09

I have a PP presentation I know works in other machines, but in my machines,
the fonts are all screwed up, text lines run off the page, words are on top
of other words, etc. What can be wrong?
I'm using PP version 2000, and even tried PP viewer 2007 with no luck.

There was even a web site that suggested using a HP laser printer driver,
but it didn't work either.

Appreciated in advance,

Lucy Thomson

Jul 5, 2009, 7:20:19 PM7/5/09

Hi

It sounds like there are missing fonts: if the font used in creating a
presentation are not available on the machine looking at a presentation,
PowerPoint replaces them with something else. To see of this is the problem
go to format -> replace fonts (I think this is available in 2000, but it's a
while since I've used it) and see if any of the fonts have question marks
next to them. If so, these fonts are not on your computer.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"MichiganMarty" <Michig...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Steve Rindsberg

Jul 5, 2009, 9:43:09 PM7/5/09

In article <#XbCWPd$JHA....@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Lucy Thomson wrote:
> Hi
>
> It sounds like there are missing fonts: if the font used in creating a
> presentation are not available on the machine looking at a presentation,
> PowerPoint replaces them with something else. To see of this is the problem
> go to format -> replace fonts (I think this is available in 2000, but it's a
> while since I've used it)

It is. No worries. Even in '97, though you weren't born then and can't be
expected to remember. ;-)

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

liao peng

Jul 5, 2009, 9:58:29 PM7/5/09
On Jul 6, 7:06 am, MichiganMarty

I just find out the topicabout :" Avoid missing font styles in
PowerPoint"
From microsoft powerpoint online help .Maybe this article can helps
you .
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.powerpoint/browse_thread/thread/aafc1129562309db?hl=us-ENG
And you can also convert your powerpoint presentation to a video
format.
It helps you easily convert your PowerPoint presentation to video
format. All things in the original PowerPoint will be retained.
You can try this tool: http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/ppt-to-video-overview.html

windhello

Jul 25, 2009, 1:25:55 AM7/25/09
maybe you can use this software :E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter .
it is an all-in-one PowerPoint to video converter. It can convert
PowerPoint presentations to almost all popular video formats such as
AVI, MPEG, MPEG2 TS, MP4, WMV, 3GP.
http://www.effectmatrix.com/PowerPoint-Video-Converter/index.htm