Re: Powerpoint 2007 Crashes when viewing or trying to apply themes

Echo S

Mar 12, 2008, 6:14:56 PM3/12/08
Does this happen with a specific presentation or with all presentations?

I can tell you it doesn't happen here, and I don't recall its ever being
reported here in the newsgroup, either, so I'd guess it's not a common
issue.

What is the error PPT gives you when it closes? What theme are you trying to
apply to it, and how are you doing that? (Trying to figure out exactly when
in the "applying themes" or "viewing themes" process the crash happens.)

"juliespu" <juli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When ever I view themes in Powerpoint 2007, or try to apply an existing
> theme
> to an open presentation, powerpoint closes and gives me an error. I have
> run
> diagnostics, I have installed the latest updates, I had my client test it
> out
> as well and it also crashed for them. I am in vista, they are in XP. I
> have
> also completely uninstalled MS Office and reinstalled several times and it
> still happens.
>
> How are you supposed to use themes, if this happens?
>
> Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

Alan

Mar 26, 2008, 11:31:08 AM3/26/08
I have this problem on files where I use a PPT 2003 template that I converted
to a 2007 Theme. In particular, the 2003 template "Compass" when converted to
a 2007 Theme often--but not always--bombs when I try to change to another
Theme or re-apply the Compass Theme. I can change color sets within the Theme
at will, but not the Theme. I can also alter the Compass Theme and save the
changes. But, when attempting to actually apply a different Theme, the
application closes.

Echo S

Mar 26, 2008, 1:19:53 PM3/26/08
How very odd. And interesting.