MS Terminal services

ANDREA LOVE

Feb 3, 2004, 6:02:29 PM2/3/04
Does anyone use MS terminal services on PPC 2003 without having to perform a registry hack to connect each time?  If so how did you fix the problem.

Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]

Feb 3, 2004, 10:10:22 PM2/3/04
I use TS all the time on my 5555 and I've never had to do any registry trick
to get it to work. I connect to several windows 2000 servers and xp
desktops and with the exception of TS going nuts every once in a while and
lockign up my ppc. all has been fine.

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"ANDREA LOVE" <al0...@email.uophx.edu> wrote in message

ANDREA LOVE

Feb 3, 2004, 10:48:41 PM2/3/04
I have the 4355 and have to do a registry hack to get the terminal services to connect.  The TS client was preinstalled on my unit ... I'm curious was it already on the 5555 or did you install it?

Another question is ... can I uninstall the TS version on my unit and install a different version?
---------------------------
Ann

ANDREA LOVE

Feb 3, 2004, 10:55:52 PM2/3/04
Checkout this link for one complete thread discussing the problem including 5555.

--
---------------------------
Ann
I have the 4355 and have to do a registry hack to get the terminal services to connect.  The TS client was preinstalled on my unit ... I'm curious was it already on the 5555 or did you install it?

Another question is ... can I uninstall the TS version on my unit and install a different version?
---------------------------
Ann

Joseph Isbell

Feb 4, 2004, 6:07:41 AM2/4/04
We just purchased HP 2210's at work.  I just brought up the MS Terminal Svces on the PPC 2003 and connected no problem.

Our WIn2K server is fully patched if that helps.

Joe

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]

Feb 4, 2004, 7:30:50 AM2/4/04
TS came pre-installed in rom on my 5555. I also have a 3970 and 5455 which
have TS in the rom and they work fine. I am getting a 4355 in a few days so
I'll check and see if I have problems with that one. There's no way to
uninstall TS because it's in the flash rom.

Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]

Feb 4, 2004, 8:49:15 AM2/4/04
Oh ok, yeah my TS is bone stock as well so you're right it must be some
settings that's causing problems.

benefit of all of us...
rights...

______
> Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Eric Hicks (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

Feb 4, 2004, 11:06:22 AM2/4/04
Gotcha

--

> "Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" <e_d...@nomospam.yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Oh ok, yeah my TS is bone stock as well so you're right it must be some
> >settings that's causing problems.
>

> To clarify though, 2002 devices don't have this problem - so something
> *minor* in 2003 changed and is not interacting with *some* TS's
> properly. I didn't mean to imply this was a TS issue. This is a 2003
> issue and a documented bug.

Peter

Feb 10, 2004, 10:40:22 PM2/10/04
Hi

Has this issue been solved? I've got the same problem
with 2x hp PC H2200's.

The bug is documented?? Can someone point me to the URL
that hopefully has more info?

Thanks

_________________________
>Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for
the benefit of all)
>What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
>Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
>What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

>.

Peter Singer

Feb 11, 2004, 8:21:07 PM2/11/04
This issue is most certainly a bug.

Would Microsoft please assign a number to the bug and publish it (and let this group know) so the people that would like it resolved can be kept up to date.

PS

Dilemma

Feb 11, 2004, 10:39:27 PM2/11/04

Absolutely agree Peter.

Currently I have 2 customers who cannot use their Pocket PC's to their
fullest extent, and now I must tell them that they can't use TS because
of an undocumented bug??

I don't know about anyone else but telling customers that their
hardware is buggy without having anything to back it up with is just
not on.

A fix/patch/upgrade would be great, but what I would really love is
DOCUMENTATION (ie a URL stating that this is a known bug and that it
will be fixed).

Dilemma
Dilemma's Profile: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=575
View this thread: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=12570