On Screen Keyboard on Pocket PC

Al

Jul 24, 2006, 9:17:55 PM7/24/06
I placed several textboxes on VB 2005 form (Pocket PC application).
When I invoke On Screen Keyboard, it covers part of my controls.
I'd like to insert scroll bars into form and move the form up to allow to
see all controls on the form when Keyboard appears.
How to do that?

Al

Bipin_Expert

Jul 25, 2006, 1:53:51 AM7/25/06
You may try following:
Add InputPanel control on the form in design time.
On EnableChanged event of input panel control, resize the form.
Try
If iPanel.Enabled = True Then
' Me.Height = Me.Height - 76
Else
' Me.Height = Me.Height + 76
End If
' Resize form when SIP is enable
Catch ex As Exception
' Do nothing
End Try

Please ensure that autoscroll property of the form is set to True.
(This will add scrollbars automatically as soon as SIP is enabled)

Regards,
Bipin Kesharwani
(Developer)

Palewar Techno Solutions
Pocket PC & Mobile Software Development
Nagpur, India

http://www.palewar.com

Al

Jul 25, 2006, 9:50:17 AM7/25/06
Unfortunately I have the same behaviour after I did what you suggested.

Al

"Bipin_Expert" <bi...@palewar.com> wrote in message

Al

Jul 25, 2006, 10:15:56 AM7/25/06
It looks like the height of the form is not changed. I tried to change it by
Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

MessageBox.Show(Me.Height)

Me.Height = 150

MessageBox.Show(Me.Height)

End Sub

Both Message Boxes produce 268.

I tried to play with Lock and some other properties of the form with no
success.

Al

"Bipin_Expert" <bi...@palewar.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

Bipin_Expert

Jul 26, 2006, 1:13:24 AM7/26/06
Actually I did it with TabControl on tabpages, in my PPC
application and it worked fine when i resized TabControl, so just
suggested to try it out on form. However, in VS 2003 how I use to do it
as follows:

1) Take a Panel and put all the controls of the form on it.
2) Take a scrollbar control (vertical) on form.
3) On SIP EnableChanged event change size of scrollbar as well as panel
, and on Scollbar's ValueChanged event change the Top property of
controls inside the Panel, so when you will scroll down controls will
appear moving up. However this will require some accurate calculations.

I hope you can try this and leave a comment whether it worked.

Al

Jul 26, 2006, 1:36:36 PM7/26/06
Thank you very much.
I've got your idea to use a Panel and everything is very simple:
I create a couple of variables:
Private BoundsRect As Rectangle

Private PanelOriginalHeight As Integer

And assign them

PanelOriginalHeight = Panel1.Height ' In Form_Load event

and the second one in InputPanel1_EnabledChanged event:

Private Sub InputPanel1_EnabledChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles InputPanel1.EnabledChanged

VisibleRect = InputPanel1.VisibleDesktop

If InputPanel1.Enabled = False Then

Panel1.Height = PanelOriginalHeight

Panel1.AutoScroll = False

Else

Panel1.Height = VisibleRect.Height

Panel1.AutoScroll = True

End If

End Sub

That's it. Panel.Locked should be set to false

Al

"Bipin_Expert" <bi...@palewar.com> wrote in message

Al

Jul 26, 2006, 4:07:36 PM7/26/06