Hotmail no longer work with OE6

Jorge Cervantes

Sep 6, 2009, 5:37:37 PM9/6/09
I have been using Hotmail email account under Outlook Express (OE) for > 10
years without any problem.
But it seems that it recently stopped working. The error is as follow:

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Forbidden', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 998, Error Number: 0x800CCC33

How can I trouble shoot to restore Hotmail email account under OE6?
(BTW, Web Hotmail still works but I prefer to use it with OE).

Jorge

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 6, 2009, 6:58:22 PM9/6/09
First you should read...

Continuing DAV protocol retirement (02 Jun-09)
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!50889.entry

Now see...

Sending reported error (0x800CCC33): "Access to the account was denied.
Verify that your username and password are correct. The server responded
'forbidden' (02 Sept-09)
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/t/108226.aspx

And now you'll need to see...

FAQ: Accessing Hotmail on mail programs (04 May/03 Sept-09)
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/dav/archive/2009/05/04/frequently-asked-questions.aspx

=================================
You should have received at least three (3) messages in your Hotmail inbox
about this since June 1st (although many Hotmail users have said they
didn't). The Subjects of these messages were:

Important info for Hotmail customers on Outlook, Outlook Express, or
Entourage (c. 04 Jun-09)

Reminder: Important info for Hotmail customers on Outlook, Outlook Express,
or Entourage (c. 18 Jul-09)

Final Notice: Important info for Hotmail customers on Outlook, Outlook
Express, or Entourage (c. 22 Aug-09)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com