Do I need Microsoft JET ODBC installed ?

ngkhng

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

Do I need to install Microsoft Jet ODBC drivers
for all the client outlook programs that is to
access the public folder to add-edit-delete records
from an Access database ?

Where do I start ?
From Microsoft Application Farm ?

Thanks.

HollisDPaulaliashdp

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

Ngkhng,

> Where do I start ?
> From Microsoft Application Farm ?

The Data Access control was in the free stuff page--it
should have something telling about requirements. That
sight has been changed. See below for the announcement.

----------------
Subject: Microsoft Office Update
From: J.L. McClennan 100333,333
To: All
Read-By-Recipient: No

Many of you may have noticed that the Office area of the
Microsoft web site has been
revamped. Here's the official notice of the new
organization. Be aware, most of the items
were already there when it was called Free Stuff and
Software Library. Still, you might want
to browse the pages and get familiar with the new layout.

Jessie Louise [MVP-Outlook]

=======
===

If you've been reading the papers lately (either on- or
off-line), you may have heard about a
new Internet destination called "Microsoft Office Update."
And if you've been to
http://www.microsoft.com/office in the past week, you've
seen it yourself: a Web site with a
wealth of free resources, all created to help you get the
most out of Office 97.*

For starters, at Office Update you'll find more than 200
free add-ins, templates, wizards,
and other product enhancements you can download to extend
the value and functionality of
Office 97, along with more than 40 new product assistance
articles crafted in direct
response to requests we've received from Office 97 users.
Try out the Word/ Outlook
Automated Calendar, for example, which allows you to
produce Microsoft Outlook 97
calendars in Word 97 for fast, easy modification. Or
consult one of our expert "how-to"
items, which explain ways to build a better budget, create
professional-looking marketing
materials, manage your contacts, and much more.

Then there's Rocky, the newest Office Assistant, who gives
canine companionship an
electronic new name. Download and adopt him, along with
many other productivity add-ins,
by becoming a member of Office Update. All it takes is one
registration, which you can
complete by linking to
http://www.microsoft.com/office/update1.asp With it will
come
specially customized versions of this very News Service,
too.

But what's happened to "Office Free Stuff," you ask? Well,
it's also gone the way of Office
Update. You'll find previously posted Free Stuff
throughout this new site, all now under the
Update umbrella. This has been part of the re-design and
re-structuring of the entire Office
site, complete with more efficient navigation, greater
graphical and operational consistency,
and better, more up-to-date information.

In the weeks ahead, watch for even more free assistance and
add-ins to appear-including a
trial version of Kurzweil VoiceCommands, an award-winning
voice-recognition add-in for
Word 97!* And that's just the beginning of the goods and
services that Office Update will
bring. To learn more, visit
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ouinfo2.asp today.

Thanks for reading-we hope you'll stop by soon!

information.

Visit the new Microsoft Personal Information Center at
http://www.microsoft.com/regwiz/forms/pic.asp to subscribe
to a variety of informative
newsletters offered by Microsoft. To unsubscribe from the
Office News Service, visit
http://www.microsoft.com/misc/unsubscribe.htm.

Alternatively, you can stop receiving the Office News
Service by sending e-mail to
microsof...@microsoft.nwnet.com and putting

unsubscribe ons

on a line all by itself in the body of the message.

-------------

* For these free downloads, connect-time charges may apply.

-------------

Microsoft and Outlook are either registered trademarks or
trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Other product and company names
mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective
owners.

Hollis D. Paul; h...@compuserve.com
Sending from beautiful, midtown Mukilteo
4.02 build 244 (32-bit)for WG, Win95, Fri, 06 Feb 1998
08:34 PST