Missing or not valid files

R Kling

Jul 15, 2004, 4:45:09 PM7/15/04
I recently upgraded from Office XP to 2003 at work.
Whenever I open Outlook now an error pops up stating "The
file add-in 'MSFSMENU.ECF or MSFSPROP.ECF' is missing or
not valid. This problem may be resolved by using Detect
and Repair on the help menu". I have run Detect and
Repair and it states that "Microsoft Office Professional
Edition 2003 Setup completed successfully". However when
I restart Outlook the same error appears. Does anyone
know what else I can do in order to fix this error message
from appearing everytime I start Outlook?
I suppose I should also say that after I upgraded and
that message appeared I completely uninstalled Office XP.
I then did the full install of 2003 but I have still
received this error. Please help. Thanks.

Roady [MVP]

Jul 15, 2004, 5:13:52 PM7/15/04
Uninstall the MSMail Add-in by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button
Advanced Options-> button Add-In Manager...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"R Kling" <rkl...@wilbursmith.com> wrote in message

R Kling

Jul 16, 2004, 9:41:13 AM7/16/04
I tried what you said but MSMail was not in the Add-In
Manager. The only two thing that were in there
are "Exchange Scan" and "Exchange Extensions property
pages". Do you know of anything else I can try?

>.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Jul 16, 2004, 10:59:36 PM7/16/04
Close Outlook - find and rename extend.dat to .old. Then reopen Outlook -
do you still get the same error? If yes, then try a new mail profile here:
Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->New. Do not copy your old profile.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, R Kling asked:

C@discussions.microsoft.com Dee C

Jul 19, 2004, 10:38:01 AM7/19/04
I had this problem and found that my user had added a profile incorrectly to Outlook. I removed the profile (it was a Microsoft Mail MAPI) and no longer had this problem. Try removing the profile and, if needed, recreating it without using any of the former profile's folders.