How to insert a hyperlink in Outlook 2002?

wendy.

Nov 1, 2002, 1:40:53 PM11/1/02
I lost the ability to insert a hyperlink in Outlook 2002
(version 10.4219.4219 SP-2) when I upgraded to Office XP.
It's driving me wacky because it looks like it should
work, but it just doesn't. Is there a trick I should know
to make it work? A check box? A feature I should install?
A little dance I could do?

For example, if I wanted to make the number "1668" a link
to http://support.wrq.com/techdocs/1668.html, in the past
I'd make sure I was in the HTML format, highlight 1668 and
then click the Hyperlink button on my toolbar. In the
Hyperlink popup, I'd enter my URL, click OK, and Wa-lah!
I'd have a nice hyperlink.

When I run through these same steps now, I click OK, and
Poof! No hyperlink.

I can workaround this by working outside of Outlook in an
HTML editor, creating the link, previewing it in a
browser, and then copying the link into my mail message.
Once I paste it in Outlook, I can highlight that link,
then click the hyperlink button on the toolbar, and I'll
see the hyperlink. This workaround is a pain, and I didn't
have to do this in earlier versions of Outlook.

I've mined the Help file and Microsoft's site, and called
our Help Desk, but have come up lame.

Note: Including an exact URL in Outlook messages works
fine for me. The problem occurs when I want to make
specific text in a message a link.

BJ Freeman

Nov 1, 2002, 2:03:18 PM11/1/02
click on the Menu-->Format-->HTML.
"wendy." <wen...@wrq.com> wrote in message

wendy.

Nov 1, 2002, 2:17:43 PM11/1/02
I am using the HTML format, but the Insert-->Hyperlink
functionality does not work for me.

wendy.

Nov 1, 2002, 5:28:00 PM11/1/02
I think I figured out a fix! In Outlook, go to Tools >
Options > Security. The Security Content Zone should be
set to Internet. (Mine was set to Restricted Sites.)

>.

wendy.

Nov 1, 2002, 6:12:52 PM11/1/02
Actually, the more secure fix is to leave the Security
Content Zone on Restricted Sites, but click Zone Settings,
and then click Custom level. In the Security Settings >
Scripting section, enable Allow paste operations via
script.