How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?

已查看 10 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

peturpin

未读,
2008年7月16日 10:01:012008/7/16
收件人
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm
not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to
include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can
sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to.

Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)

未读,
2008年7月16日 23:45:122008/7/16
收件人
We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details.

Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see
Tasks.

If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you
probably need to turn on in-line editing.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au
Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 users should change"
on my website.

.
"peturpin" <petu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年7月25日 09:44:352008/7/25
收件人
In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
Custom Priority. If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
a blnak column is added. It doesn't let me type in the field. I see
no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
categories). The context menu is unhelpful. How can I use this field?

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

未读,
2008年7月25日 21:42:452008/7/25
收件人
Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, jay.me...@gmail.com asked:

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年8月4日 11:34:172008/8/4
收件人
I can edit all other columns in the tasks view, just not Custom
Priority.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

未读,
2008年8月4日 11:48:432008/8/4
收件人
have you turned on In-Cell Editing?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

After furious head scratching, jay.me...@gmail.com asked:

| I can edit all other columns in the tasks view, just not Custom
| Priority.

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年8月4日 13:37:002008/8/4
收件人
Right-click on column header, select "Customize Current View...".
Under "Other Settings...", the option "Allow in-cell editing" was
already checked.

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年8月11日 14:33:502008/8/11
收件人

After furious head scratching, jay wonders if you have any other
ideas...

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

未读,
2008年8月12日 22:43:072008/8/12
收件人
Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is no longer
on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, jay.me...@gmail.com asked:

| On Aug 4, 1:37 pm, jay.meerd...@gmail.com wrote:

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年8月13日 15:38:292008/8/13
收件人

Your reply ******

Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

--

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

My response ******

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

未读,
2008年8月14日 22:26:182008/8/14
收件人
I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
to see what they have to say about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, jay.me...@gmail.com asked:

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年9月10日 19:28:162008/9/10
收件人
On Aug 14, 10:26 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>
wrote:

> I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
> I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
> to see what they have to say about it.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
> After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:

> | On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>| wrote:
>
> || Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
> || no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> || How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> || After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
> |

> | In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
> | Custom Priority.  If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
> | a blnak column is added.  It doesn't let me type in the field.  I see
> | no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
> | categories).  The context menu is unhelpful.  How can I use this
> | field?
> |

> | Your reply ******
> |

> | Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

Hi Milly - Any feedback on this guy?

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年9月22日 17:42:282008/9/22
wrote:

> I just tried it and you truly cannot enter data in the custom priority view.
> I have not had a chance to research this but let me ask among my MVP peers
> to see what they have to say about it.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>
> After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:

> | On Aug 12, 10:43 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>| wrote:
>
> || Not without seeing the original post - since you removed it, it is
> || no longer on the news server. (I mark all read after 2 days)
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> || How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> || After furious head scratching, jay.meerd...@gmail.com asked:
> |

> | In the Field Chooser, under All Task fields, there is a field called
> | Custom Priority.  If I add that field to my Tasks view (simple list),
> | a blnak column is added.  It doesn't let me type in the field.  I see
> | no way to build a custom priority list (as it's done with
> | categories).  The context menu is unhelpful.  How can I use this
> | field?
> |

> | Your reply ******
> |

> | Be sure to turn on in cell editing.

Hey! What do your peers tell you?

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年10月7日 12:43:392008/10/7
收件人
> Hey!  What do your peers tell you?- Hide quoted text -

After furious head scratching, I wonder why this thread died? Still
an issue.

jay.me...@gmail.com

未读,
2008年10月9日 16:06:392008/10/9
收件人
I originally posted this here

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/b581de8ab3e1af3d/3ff76d3cf2e7dbc2?lnk=st&q=jay.meerdink#3ff76d3cf2e7dbc2

on Jul 16. But it hasn't been resolved and the thread dried up. I'm
hoping that by reposting I can bring the issue to the forefront again.

Thanks all!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

未读,
2008年10月9日 17:26:012008/10/9
收件人
I used the Field Chooser for the folder to add two new properties, one
integer and one text, and I can type in both of them. The view I am using has
in-cell editing turned on. I would suggest that you try using the same
procedure -- create a new property to hold the data, rather than using the
Custom Priority field, which is probably reserved for Outlook's internal use.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
0 个新帖子