How to turn off "Use MS Word to edit email message" in MS Outlook VB

jCh...@iso.com

Jul 20, 2007, 11:02:25 AM7/20/07
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to uncheck "Use MS Word to edit email message"
in MS Outlook programatically. Does anyone know the code in VB??
Thanks.

Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook]

Jul 20, 2007, 12:02:02 PM7/20/07
That setting isn't exposed in the object model, but it is stored in the
registry:

Eric Legault My Eggo : Outlook's Message Format Settings In The Registry:
http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archive/2004/08/03/1324.aspx

--
Eric Legault - Outlook MVP, MCDBA, MCTS (SharePoint programming, etc.)
Try Picture Attachments Wizard for Outlook:

jCh...@iso.com

Jul 20, 2007, 12:33:42 PM7/20/07
Hi Eric, Thanks for your clarification.

Anyway, do you know the VB code or API code to edit the Outlook
registry programatically in order to uncheck that Word Editor option?
Could you please show me?

And also will there be any risk of changing the Outlook registry??

Your help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks..

Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook]

Jul 20, 2007, 2:44:01 PM7/20/07
Try this control:

vbAccelerator - Complete Registry control:
http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Code/Libraries/Registry_and_Ini_Files/Complete_Registry_Control/article.asp

There are plenty of other registry wrapper classes available - just Google
and you'll find more.

--
Eric Legault - Outlook MVP, MCDBA, MCTS (SharePoint programming, etc.)
Try Picture Attachments Wizard for Outlook:
http://www.collaborativeinnovations.ca
Blog: http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/

jCh...@iso.com

Jul 20, 2007, 5:15:42 PM7/20/07
Thanks a lot....Eric

jCh...@iso.com

Jul 20, 2007, 5:52:27 PM7/20/07
Hi Eric,

One last question. Sorry for keep asking. Well, I'm new to registry
editing, I just want to make sure the code is right before running it
as i don't want to ruin the registry system. So, based on the
cRegistry class and the Outlook registry key link you sent me before,
please help me to verify the following code if i want to set the MS
Outlook editing mode from Word to HTML only.

Dim c As New cRegistry

With c
.ClassKey = HKEY_CURRENT_USER
.SectionKey = "Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options
\Mail"
.ValueKey = "EditorPreference"
.ValueType = REG_DWORD
.Value = 131072