"plaxo" like integration resources

1 view

gur

Jan 1, 2005, 8:31:20 AM1/1/05

I am new to Outlook integration. Can you point me to resources which
explains how to create "plaxo" like integration in outlook 2003 ?

I need to add functional visual elements over emails, folders and other
elements of outlook.

Thanks,

Gur

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Jan 1, 2005, 1:47:41 PM1/1/05
Plaxo like integration is normally called virus like integration, at least
by me. One of the least useful and most annoying programs out there.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After furious head scratching, gur <gurl...@gmail.com> asked this group:

gur

Jan 1, 2005, 5:28:25 PM1/1/05
I am not into the "plaxo" functionality by itself, but to the
integration method.
How can one add a functional area in the preview space ?

Thanks,

Gur

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Jan 1, 2005, 6:27:05 PM1/1/05
Not through Outlook's own automation techniques. One guess is that Plaxo
uses low-level Windows API functionality to overlay their icons. It's also
possible to create a completely different preview pane using Extended MAPI
(Chilton Preview being the one example of such an application), but I have
never dug into the details.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of