How do I change the default PST folder??

George Mizzell

Mar 4, 2002, 10:36:44 AM3/4/02
I have Outlook 2000 on windows 2000 and recently had to rebuild my system
due to an imminent drive failure and as usual Outlook starts up a new pst
file. My other one is extremely well organized and I want to keep it. I
have opened it and can get to it, but OL is now routing all inbound and sent
mail to the other one. I absolutely do not want to drag all the mail to the
new one. How can I tell outlook to ignor the new inbox and use the old pst
instead?

Thanks
George Mizzell

Giovanni

Mar 4, 2002, 11:36:55 AM3/4/02
I think the easiest think to do is to import the old
folder into the new one (File, Import and Export, etc).
Doing so, you will import alldata, subfolders, etc. If
you have not backed up you settings (using save my
setting wizard, which can be dowloaded from the Otlook
2000 update page) remember to reset your preferences as
well as your archive settings.

Good luck
Giovanni

>.

Thomas Quester

Mar 4, 2002, 11:28:57 AM3/4/02
You can not change the default folder, but on creating a new pst file, you
can choose any folder to create it in. Old PST files can be moved to another
position as well. On the next start of Outlook you will see a file selector
box asking you to locate the PST file.

Thomas Quester
www.outlookfolders.com

"George Mizzell" <gmiz...@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag