Re: How do I automatically "mark as read"

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Sep 22, 2005, 8:12:59 AM9/22/05
OL2003 (and possibly OL2002) include a "Mark as read" action in the Rules
wizard

"juricta" <jur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a rule that moves certain messages to a specific folder when I open
> Outlook. How can I automatically mark those messages as "Read". They can
> be
> marked "read" before or after moving them as long as it is automatic.

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Nov 7, 2005, 10:42:53 AM11/7/05
Sent messages shouldn't be unread when they're moved by rules. Are you
seeing it that way?

"Lukas Bradley" <LukasB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I apologize.... this is for OUTGOING mail. I'd like to move a copy of my
> outgoing messages to a new folder, but I don't want it to be "unread".

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Nov 7, 2005, 12:55:40 PM11/7/05
You can't have Outboxes for each account. You should be able to sort the
sent items to different folders though. Not sure why the sent items are
showing as unread

> Yes, I am.
>
> I have multiple accounts in separate folders. There is only one global
> outbox.
>
> I want to have different outboxes for each account.
>
> The rule is as follows:
>
> Start with a blank rule
> Check messages after sending
> through the specified account
> move a copy to the specified folder
>
> The wording "move a copy" is key I think; there a copies of the outbound
> message in both the global "Sent Items" and my created "Outbox" folder.

Lukas Bradley

Nov 7, 2005, 4:42:05 PM11/7/05
> You can't have Outboxes for each account.

Unfortunate, but I understand.

>You should be able to sort the
> sent items to different folders though. Not sure why the sent items are
> showing as unread

I *am* able to have a copy placed in the different folders that I same
"Outbox" or "Sent Items" or whatever I choose. However, I think since they
are "copies" and they are placed in a different PST file, they are "Unread".
It would be nice to have a "Mark as unread" feature for Outgoing mail as well.

eisenworks

Mar 7, 2007, 10:37:05 AM3/7/07

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

I am seeing it that way... i.e., when I save a copy of a sent message to a
folder by rule it shows up as unread. I don't believe that always happened,
but it seems to now. I just did a repair install of Office 2003 but it
didn't help. Any suggestions?