Otlook 2007 html content

Mika

May 29, 2006, 11:05:02 AM5/29/06
Hallo,

Sinds the release I'm using Outlook 2007.
When I open html e-mail like newsletter it's taking a few seconds before the
Outlook can show the full e-mail. It's like Outlook having problems with html
e-mails.
Can I speed up this proces? I never had this In Outlook 2003

Patrick Schmid

May 29, 2006, 12:58:34 PM5/29/06
Hi Mika,

There isn't much you can do about this. Outlook 2007 is currently beta
software and performance of beta software is never comparable with a
release version such as Outlook 2003.
Microsoft will improve the performance substantially for the release
version, but for now you have to live with the performance of the beta
version or go back to Outlook 2003.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Mika" <Mi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Nocturnal

May 29, 2006, 1:27:25 PM5/29/06
Also, the way it renders HTML pages, it no longer uses IE7 or IE at all. I
have my font settings to override any font on any web page to Verdana, size
9. However, within Outlook 2007, it does not use the IE engine to render
the HTML e-mails. Why is this and is this a bug or is this something MS is
trying to move away from (using IE settings to render HTML e-mails in
Outlook 2007)?

--

Nocturnal @ www.randomfix.com

"Patrick Schmid" <pds...@pschmid.net> wrote in message

Patrick Schmid

May 29, 2006, 1:44:10 PM5/29/06
Outlook 2007 uses Word to render HTML. Actually, it uses Word generally
as its editor. So yes, you are correct in your observation that IE is
not being used. To be precise, it doesn't use Word itself either, but
rather a special DLL that contains the needed functionality from Word
for Outlook (hence it works even if you don't have Word installed).

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Nocturnal" <noct...@nocturnal.com> wrote in message

Nocturnal

May 29, 2006, 3:28:36 PM5/29/06
Is there anyway to have it use a style sheet through Word or to have Word
default all fonts to Verdana?

--

Nocturnal @ www.randomfix.com

"Patrick Schmid" <pds...@pschmid.net> wrote in message

Nocturnal

May 29, 2006, 3:32:13 PM5/29/06
OMFG, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU PATRICK, THANK YOU
AGAIN PATRICK AND AGAIN THANK YOU AGAIN PATRICK YOU ARE THEE FREAKING MAN,
OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, OMFG. IT IS INDEED POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE WEB FONT
TO SEE EVERYTHING IN A STANDARD FONT THAT YOU WISH TO CHOOSE BY GOING IN TO
WORD AND CHANGING IT.

OMFG, YOU ARE THE FREAKING MAN PATRICK. IF I COULD SEND YOU A
CYBER-HUG/KISS (NON-GAY OF COURSE) I WOULD SEND IT. YOU ARE THEE MAN OF THE
YEAR. PATRICK FOR MVP PLEASE!!!!!

--

Nocturnal @ www.randomfix.com

Patrick Schmid

May 29, 2006, 3:38:47 PM5/29/06
LOL. I didn't think this would be such a big deal...
You can actually get to these options a lot faster if you click the
Office button and then Editor options in an Outlook message window. Or
if you go to Tools, Options, Mail Format, Editor Options.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Nocturnal" <noct...@nocturnal.com> wrote in message

Nocturnal

May 29, 2006, 4:10:45 PM5/29/06
Do you happen to know if it's possible to force all my e-mails that come
back as replies to display in Verdana, size 9? Or is this not yet possible.
I've already set the font in the normal options area. Thanks.

"Patrick Schmid" <pds...@pschmid.net> wrote in message

Patrick Schmid

May 29, 2006, 4:41:43 PM5/29/06
No sorry, I don't know. I clicked around a bit in Outlook just now
myself, but couldn't find anything.

Patrick Schmid