How to add signature button ?

be...@news.postalias

Jan 20, 2007, 7:23:38 AM1/20/07
Hi

Outlook 2003

Can anyone please tell me as to how I can add the signature button to the
toolbar of my email. I wanted to be able to add or remove my signature
whenever I want by just clicking that button. I saw this button in my
friend's email but he couldn't remember as to how he added it to his toolbar.

Thanks

Leon Hao [MSFT]

Jan 22, 2007, 5:42:33 AM1/22/07
Dear Customer,

Thanks for using Public Newsgroups.

If you are using Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor, there are two ways
that you can do this:

# 1 Use AutoText
=================

1. Click Insert>AutoText>AutoText…
2. Under Enter AutoText entries here box, edit your signature and click
Add. Then click OK.
3. Click Tools>Customize>Commands
4. In the Categories list, browse and select AutoText
5. In the Commands list, browse to the entry you have just added, and drag
it to the toolbar.
6. Now as long as you click on this button, the texts you have added will
be entered automatically.

# 2 Record a Macro
================

1. Click Tools>Macro>Record New Macro…
2. Enter a Macro name and click OK.
3. Type the signature that you want to appear.
4. Click Stop Recording when you finished entering the signature.
5. Click Tools>Customize>Commands
6. In the Categories list, browse and select Macro
7. In the Commands list, drag the macro that you have just recorded to the
toolbar.
8. Now as long as you click on this button, the signature will be entered
automatically

If you are not using Word as your Email editor (which means the option "Use
Word to edit e-mail message" under Tools>Options>Mail Format is unchecked),
then you can refer to the following steps to add the signature button to
your toolbar.

# 3 How to add signature command button when Outlook is e-mail editor
================

1. In Outlook, click Tools>Options>Mail Format
2. Click Signatures… to create the signatures you want.
3. Click New Mail Message
4. Click Tools>Customize>Commands
5. In the Categories list, browse and select Insert.
6. In the Commands list, drag Signature button to the toolbar.
7. Click Close.
8. Whenever you click the Signature button you have just created, all the
signature names will be displayed at the drop down menu. Just click the one
you want.

Please try the methods and see the results. If you have any questions
please let me know.

Regards,

Leon Hao

Microsoft Online Partner Support