OSA.exe Missing in 2007

BoomerM3

Mar 2, 2007, 10:52:40 AM3/2/07
I recently installed Ofc Pro 2007, leaving my Ofc 2003 in place.
According to KB 826318, Osa.exe can be placed in the Startup folder.
However, I cannot find that file in my Office 2007 installation
(Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11).

Did I lose it... or is the KB wrong... or what???

Johnbes

Mar 2, 2007, 4:28:25 PM3/2/07

Hi, This is Johnbes from Microsoft, sorry you're experiencing
difficulties with OSA. There's a chance that OSA.exe isn't installed
with your current 2007 configuration. Try going into Add/Remove
programs for Office 2007 and take a look at the "Office Shared
Features" install node. Is the "New and Open Microsoft Office Document
Shortcuts" option set to "Run from My Computer"? If not, set it to
install locally, click "Continue" and see if OSA.exe is installed on
your system. (Make sure you’re an admin on the system.)

If that doesn't solve the problem, take a look at your registry for the
path of your Office 12 install. You can do this by launching Regedit
and navigating to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\. Select any Office app like Word and see what the "Path" key
contains, then browse that directory on your system and see if OSA.exe
is available.

If you still can't find the file, we can debug further. In the
meantime I'll be happy to send you a compatible copy of OSA.exe.

Thanks,
John

--
Johnbes
Johnbes's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=22790

http://forums.techarena.in

BoomerM3

Mar 2, 2007, 7:26:13 PM3/2/07
John,

Perfect diagnosis! The Shared Feature, Shortcuts you mentioned was
marked NA. As soon as I changed it, the OSA file was installed.

Thanks!!!!