Prevent Outlook autodialing?

Philip

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

How do I stop Outlook attempting to dial out automatically each time I
access it or Winfaxpro 7.5 which is my fax management program? I only want
to be able to connect to my service provider manually such as when I
connect to the internet with IE3.01 each evening. I have outlook set as my
default mail reader under IE3.01.

Regards
Phil Roger

James White

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Greetings Roger Phil,
Well,.. goto services by right clicking the inbox desktop icon, not the
shortcut mind!
or goto services from the menu somewhere, goto internet mail|properties and
check the connection
bizzos, also check your Microsoft mail settings. Also disable exchange
settings in WinFax 7.5
setup|exchange.
I strongly advise IE internet mail is the better product for home use if
you dont need fax, its sort
of lite but who needs excess baggage and you have WinFax 7.5.

Good luck
--
James B. White
C.S.H. Consultants Pty Ltd