Re: templates won't download

Mary Sauer

Sep 1, 2005, 5:50:46 AM9/1/05
The control is downloaded from here
http://office.microsoft.com/templates/axinstall.aspx?FromArea=Clipart

If you are running Microsoft Windows® XP with Service Pack 2, it is possible to
disable or enable ActiveX controls by using the Manage Add-ins command on the Tools
menu in Internet Explorer.
The Microsoft Office Template and Media Control may have been disabled. If so, you
cannot automatically download clip art and media or templates on Office Online, or do
practice sessions in online training courses on Office Online. To enable the control:
In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
Select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the list of controls.
If you do not see that control listed, click the arrow on the Show box at the top of
the Manage Add-ons dialog box, and then select Add-ons that have been used by
Internet Explorer. Then select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the
list of controls.
Under Settings, click Enable. You may see a message saying that you need to restart
Internet Explorer for the change to take effect. Click OK, and then click OK again

The Internet zone security levels on your computer must be set to Medium, or if your
Internet zone security levels are set to High, the Microsoft Office Online Web site
must be listed on your computer as a trusted site.
To add the Microsoft Office Online Web site to your list of trusted sites:
On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the
Security tab.
Click the Trusted Sites icon, and then click Sites.
Clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type http://office.microsoft.com, and then
click Add.
Click OK twice.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Sondra" <Son...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows XP, Office 2003. When I try to download a template
> pressing the button does nothing. There is a yellow exclamation mark in the
> status bar lower left corner of Internet Explorer says "Done with error."
> I have the service Pac 1 only Run Norton Anti-Virus Only
> I have deleted my temporary internet folder, but to no avail.
> Nothing seems to work for me.
> I don't have an active X control that I can see in my add remove programs,
> how do I obtain this control?

Echo S

Sep 1, 2005, 11:05:25 AM9/1/05
I had a similar issue last week. I'd get an exclamation in a yellow triangle
and the message "Done but with errors on page."

If Mary's suggestions don't fix your problem, try this:

Go to Start/Run and type

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Then go to Start/Run again and type

Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Notice the space between the 32 and the next word.

But first update the ActiveX control and specify security settings as per
Mary's suggestions, as I suspect those are the more common reasons for these
kinds of errors.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

Sondra

Sep 3, 2005, 12:14:01 AM9/3/05
Thank you so very much Echo, it did the trick. I am most appreciative for
your help in this matter.

Sondra

Sep 3, 2005, 12:31:08 AM9/3/05
Thanks Mary for your helpful suggestions, however I forgot to mention I don't
have the SP2 yet. So I could not follow these instructions.
I do appreciate all your efforts though, and will keep this on file in case
I do obtain the SP2.
Thanks again. :)