Email font size in body changes randomly after the message is sent

Evan

Oct 25, 2005, 6:12:01 PM10/25/05
Hi All,

We're having a problem with about 10 of our users (that have reported it)
were by their email font size in body changes randomly after the message is
sent.

The message looks fine to the user as they are typing it and only notices
the font size change when someone replies to them or they go into their sent
items (or both).

In troubleshooting the problem:

* we've disabled non-essentials add-ins,
*made sure the affected users weren’t using Word as their default email
editor,
*changed their default email formatting from HTML to Rich Text

but none of these made a difference.

We're using:
Outlook 2003 SP1
Windows XP Pro SP2

Add-ins not disabled:
Advance EAS extension (Email Archiving Solution)
Hummingbird DM email integration (Document Management)
Microsoft Outlook DM extension (Document Management)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Evan

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 25, 2005, 6:51:26 PM10/25/05
Are you using Exchange? Is it set to strip formatting? Do any of the users
have "read all mail in plain text" enable in the Advanced options under
tools?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Evan asked:

Evan

Oct 25, 2005, 8:37:04 PM10/25/05
Hi Milly,

The mail server is running Exchange 2000 SP3 (with the latest Exchange
patches) and Windows 2000 SP4 (with the latest security patches)

Exchange is not configured to strip formatting and none of the users have
"read all mail in plain text" enabled.

The nature of our business requires that users have the ability to send HTML
formatted emails internally and externally. Therefore the default for
everyone is set to compose all emails in HTML format. The reason why this
font size problem is becoming a really big issue is because almost all of the
users having this problem are Executives. When send emails they get a
response back e.g. “Why are the font in your sentences different sizes? It
looks weird.”

Then when the Exec goes to his sent items folder in Outlook and opens the
email he sent, he finds that the text in the body of his email are different
sizes.

This posting is plain text so this is the closest to an example that I can
give you:

if
___ = Arial 10

and

---- = Arial 12

Then this is how a sentence with the different font sizes look like:

-Evan