Help needed uninstall Office 2007

Tore A

Jun 17, 2006, 7:53:01 AM6/17/06
The link in "Add or remove programs" doesn't work. Does not find any
application to uninstall.

I installed Office 2007 besides Office 2002 and it works good as well as
Office 2002.

I have tried to delete the Office 12 registry keys via Regedit and deleted
the catalog for office 2007. Not a good idea! Windows doctor found 390 faults
so I rolled back with Goback. Cleansweep will not touch Office 2007 with a
pair of tongs...

I would not be happy to reformat and I have no revert positions before
installing Office 2007.

Will Ms cleaning utility work with office 2007?

Daphne Foldes

Jun 17, 2006, 9:15:59 AM6/17/06
Hello

Have you read the Help files ? It should tell you how to uninstall the Beta

--
Daphne

Tore A

Jun 17, 2006, 9:55:01 AM6/17/06
Thanks for your answer. I have not found any solution. My problem is that the
link for Office 2007 under control panel, Add or remove programs, doesn't
work. I have run Office diagnostics with no identified problems. I guess that
I need to manually remove Office 2007 but have not found any piece of advice
in the help files.

Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown

Jun 17, 2006, 10:53:17 AM6/17/06
Hi Tore,

If you deleted the registry entries for Office then the installer may not be able to find the program so that it can uninstall it.

Many of the 3rd party 'registry cleaners' unfortunately break applications doing the 'cleanup' as well. If that software or the MS
Windows XP Powertoys, such as TweakUI
http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
can't remove the entry, then you may want to restart the PC, install Office 2007 back to the original location then do an uninstall.

========
<<"Tore A" <To...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D12B6C7-A148-40BA...@microsoft.com...

Thanks for your answer. I have not found any solution. My problem is that the
link for Office 2007 under control panel, Add or remove programs, doesn't
work. I have run Office diagnostics with no identified problems. I guess that
I need to manually remove Office 2007 but have not found any piece of advice
in the help files. >>

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

>>*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends<<

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie :)
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?AssetID=XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net

Tore A

Jun 17, 2006, 11:18:01 AM6/17/06
Hi Bob,

As I rolled back my hard disk the installation is exactly as it was after
first install. I have also restored all registry entries Ace utilities has
cleaned. Still the entry in Add/Remove doesn't work. It says there is no
program to install. I cannot reinstall either - I hoped this should create
uninstall info. All info I've found in regedit points to the correct
installation path. But have not found to where the uninstall entry points.

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Jun 17, 2006, 2:05:16 PM6/17/06
Third party utilities and registry cleaners often break the beta. If you
can't uninstall Office 2007, I would download the Windows Installer Cleanup
Utility and run it on Office 2007. If your Office XP does not work
afterwards, unistall and reinstall Office XP. Ensure you delete any shared
Office Folders with Office 12 in their name.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Tore A asked:

Tore A

Jun 17, 2006, 3:34:01 PM6/17/06
Thank you! Worked great! Only "problem" afterwards was that Norton Windoctor
found 385 faults with Active X-instances. That's also fixed.

Trapasso@discussions.microsoft.com Stephanie Trapasso

Jul 22, 2006, 11:29:01 PM7/22/06
I tried Office 2007 Beta out of curiosity and it was certainly enlightening.
After several days, I decided to uninstall it and use only my Office 2003.
Now, when I defrag, a message appears indicating that "not all defragmented
files can be defragmented." (Sorry, it's 100 degrees in my apartment ant I'm
not writing well, I know.) I checked the Software distribution folder and I
can not tell if some or all of these folders and files are left over from
Office 2007. Is it safe to delete these folders? Or, which folders, if any,
should be deleted/

Thank you,

Stephanie Trapasso

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Jul 22, 2006, 11:40:53 PM7/22/06
Some files can't be defragged. I'd say just wait to see if it causes you any
issues.

As for deleting folders, if you aren't 100% positive you know what they are,
don't delete them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stephanie Trapasso" <Stephanie Trap...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:533CF957-ECE5-4A93...@microsoft.com...

4in...@comcast.net

Jul 23, 2006, 8:54:39 PM7/23/06

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> Some files can't be defragged. I'd say just wait to see if it causes you any
> issues.
>
> As for deleting folders, if you aren't 100% positive you know what they are,
> don't delete them.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Thank you, JoAnne

I wonder: how can I tell if this folder is a remnant of Office 2007
download? I had 100% successful defrad prior to the office 2007
download. How can I make sure absolutely every vestige and remnant of
that download is washed from my hard drive?

Thank you,

Stephanie Trapasso

4in...@comcast.net

Jul 23, 2006, 8:58:23 PM7/23/06

JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Jul 23, 2006, 9:02:33 PM7/23/06
I don't know if you can tell. I'd suggest doing what you can and see if the
system still works. (I'm just hoping you aren't concerned because you
weren't supposed to download 2007 on to that system.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

<4in...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Patrick Schmid

Jul 23, 2006, 9:14:27 PM7/23/06
You really can't. Even if you manage to get every single file, there
will still be some information left in the registry. You can try the
following steps to get rid of at least some of them:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.setup&tid=11f294c7-b138-4ad9-bcca-f70ef272b2ab&lang=en&cr=US&p=1

The critical question really is why you want to get rid of it 100%. If,
as JoAnne suspected, you weren't allowed to install this beta on your
computer, then it comes down to how thorough the computer will be
inspected. Quite frankly, the only way to get through a really thorough
inspection is to reformat and reinstall the entire system. That will for
sure wipe every trace of Office 2007 from it.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"4in...@comcast.net" <4in...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Mike

Sep 26, 2006, 3:33:01 PM9/26/06

What a disaster this has turned out to be.

To be brief, I put Office 2007 beta on a new system. No other installations
of office on this box. Because Office was actually running so well I decided
to use it for something important. (40 lashes with a wet power cable for
being that stupid.)

Fast forward to today. I've done everything to remove office 12 through the
regular methods, and through what was suggested in a MS post. No luck. I
installed the Installer cleanup utility and it blows up with a runtime error,
and a system error. I can't get past that.

Of course, I can't simply reinstall 2007. I'm getting the 2711 error on that.

Signed,
Desperate in Reno ;>)

Patrick Schmid

Sep 26, 2006, 3:37:30 PM9/26/06
Send me an email. You can get my email from my website. I'll provide you
with some manual removal steps.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Mike" <Mi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Brennero

Oct 27, 2006, 9:40:02 PM10/27/06
Hello, I hope this works, and in this page
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/923718/en-us it says no to
install the cleanup utility because it corrupts other installers

1) Uninstall all existing Office 2007 suites and/or standalone apps via the
Control Panel, if possible.

2) Go to Start/Run and type "installer" (w/o quotes). This will bring up the
Windows Installer directory.

Change to "Details" view if you are not in that view. If you don't have
"Subject" as a header, then right click on the headers in the directory,
click more, then choose "Subject" so you can see the Subject information for
each item in that directory.

3) Sort by Subject and observe any items that contain Microsoft Office 2007.
For each Office 2007 item listed, right click on the msi and choose Uninstall.

4) Check Services and stop the Office Source Engine service if it is running

5) Delete the following registry keys if present (the asterisk is a wildcard
representing any string of one or more characters):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Delivery\SourceEngine\Downloads\*0FF1CE}-*

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\*0FF1CE*

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ose

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\*F01FEC

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\*F01FEC

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\*F01FEC

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Win32Assemblies\*Office12*

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\*F01FEC

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\*F01FEC

6) Find and delete all keys under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

with a valuename of UninstallString that contains a value with
*\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe*

7) Delete the following folders (if present):

%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12

%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12 (this is the default location
but can be changed during the installation)

%appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks

%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates

On all drives remove all folders below the MSOCache\All Users folders
containing the string *0FF1CE}-*

8) Clear the content of your temporary files directory (go to Start/Run and
type %temp%)

9) Reboot

10) Temporarily disable antivirus software and related services

Once you've completed these steps, you should be able to successfully
reinstall Office 2007 and the B2TR update.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Prior to installing the B2TR update(s), you should first
install all desired Off2007 applications, or a 2711 error will occur. This is
documented in the 2007 Microsoft Office System Beta Known Issues/ReadMe at
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/products/FX101517941033.aspx (see the
"Setup (client)" section).