"Save As" Problem on network drive

Matt

Feb 17, 2005, 11:11:02 PM2/17/05
I'm getting this message recently when i try to save as a document on a
network drive "The folder may be located on an
unavailable volume or protected with a password."

Any Idea?

Thanks

garfield-n-odie

Feb 18, 2005, 2:29:31 AM2/18/05
If you installed Windows XP update KB885250, try
uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.

Matt

Feb 22, 2005, 1:59:05 PM2/22/05

It did fix it.
Thanks

Jack

Feb 22, 2005, 9:49:33 PM2/22/05
However, regarding the threat pertaining to the update, MS says, "Maximum
Severity Rating: Critical."

So, when you toss away the update, you may open up some nasty possibilities.

I have the same problem, BTW, and I've discovered that only Office 97 files
are affected in my case -- the SAVE works properly for all other programs
including notepad and wordpad!!! Makes me wonder if the security update
includes an underhanded trick by MS to push users of Ofc 97 onto a later
Office version!?!

Jack

"Matt" <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message