Re: Debugging OutLook

Luis D Rojas

Mar 22, 2005, 3:09:05 PM3/22/05
Yes, I have it in debug mode.
I´ve been debugging the app, and it loads outlook, then it stops at the
onstartupcomplete method.
But suddenly, it stops doing the breakpoints, and if click some other button
that i have inside outlook for the same prohects, .NET does nothing but
putting a ? mark inside the BP and says no symbols loaded

thanks

"Helmut Obertanner" wrote:

> where did you set your breakpoints and what debugging should produced ?
> Check in the Visual Studio CommandBar, if your active configuration shows
> debug, not release.
>
> --
> regards
>
> Helmut Obertanner
> Technical Consultant
>
> Softwaredevelopment
> DATALOG Software AG | Zschokkestr. 36 | D-80687 Munich
> web: www.datalog.de
>

> .... and IT works!
>
> "Luis D Rojas" <LuisD...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi, i have configured VS.NET to start outlook when the debugging starts
> > ( i´m
> > using C# ). it starts and i can debug my app, but sudenlly no debugging is
> > produced, so it does not stop where i want, even when i´m using the same
> > file.
> > Any Ideas on this?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> > --
> > Luis D Rojas
> > www.excelsus.biz

Helmut Obertanner

Mar 22, 2005, 1:34:17 PM3/22/05

Luis D Rojas

Mar 22, 2005, 8:23:03 PM3/22/05

Hi Helmut,
I think you are right, the outlook is not being attached. It is very weird,
and i do not understand exactly what is going on. I start it, OL Starts, i
have a break point in every function i have ( all the functions have try
catch ), and then nothing happens
If i Start the Add on using F10 it does not stop loads OL until the
recieving mail process is finished
What is more Weird to me, is that Outlook is still attached, since i go and
press the stop button in VS.NET; OL2003 closes.
I think it is not loading the symbols for my add on! any suggestions on that?

thanks for your help

"Helmut Obertanner" wrote:

> Hello Luis,
>
> then your AddIn is detached from Outlook process.
> I t seems that you have an exception someware and no errorhandling,
> or the exception is caught and you have no logging or notification.
>
> Wich Outlook Version do you have and how did you created your AddIn ?
> OL2003 and VS.Net Shared AddIn Wizard ?
> yes-> have you removed the reference to office.dll and added the correct
> reference to COM Office Object Library ?
>
> Maybe that helps, and always use try / catch to trap errors.

> --
> regards
>
> Helmut Obertanner
> Technical Consultant
>
> Softwaredevelopment
> DATALOG Software AG | Zschokkestr. 36 | D-80687 Munich
> web: www.datalog.de
>

> .... and IT works!

Luis D Rojas

Mar 22, 2005, 11:31:08 AM3/22/05

Helmut Obertanner

Mar 22, 2005, 4:43:23 PM3/22/05
Hello Luis,

then your AddIn is detached from Outlook process.
I t seems that you have an exception someware and no errorhandling,
or the exception is caught and you have no logging or notification.

Wich Outlook Version do you have and how did you created your AddIn ?
OL2003 and VS.Net Shared AddIn Wizard ?
yes-> have you removed the reference to office.dll and added the correct
reference to COM Office Object Library ?

Maybe that helps, and always use try / catch to trap errors.

--
regards

Helmut Obertanner
Technical Consultant

Softwaredevelopment
DATALOG Software AG | Zschokkestr. 36 | D-80687 Munich
web: www.datalog.de

... and IT works!

"Luis D Rojas" <LuisD...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Yes, I have it in debug mode.

> I扉e been debugging the app, and it loads outlook, then it stops at the

> onstartupcomplete method.
> But suddenly, it stops doing the breakpoints, and if click some other
> button
> that i have inside outlook for the same prohects, .NET does nothing but
> putting a ? mark inside the BP and says no symbols loaded
>
> thanks
>
> "Helmut Obertanner" wrote:
>
>> where did you set your breakpoints and what debugging should produced ?
>> Check in the Visual Studio CommandBar, if your active configuration shows
>> debug, not release.
>>
>> --
>> regards
>>
>> Helmut Obertanner
>> Technical Consultant
>>
>> Softwaredevelopment
>> DATALOG Software AG | Zschokkestr. 36 | D-80687 Munich
>> web: www.datalog.de
>>

>> .... and IT works!
>>
>> "Luis D Rojas" <LuisD...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> > Hi, i have configured VS.NET to start outlook when the debugging starts

>> > ( i惴

>> > using C# ). it starts and i can debug my app, but sudenlly no debugging
>> > is

>> > produced, so it does not stop where i want, even when i惴 using the

Helmut Obertanner

Mar 23, 2005, 2:17:48 AM3/23/05
Hello, check the registry-settings for your AddIn, loadbehavior should be 3
If your OnConnection Method isn't called, then your addin wouldn't be
loaded.
Did you replaced the reference to Office.dll ?

--
regards

Helmut Obertanner
Technical Consultant

Softwaredevelopment
DATALOG Software AG | Zschokkestr. 36 | D-80687 Munich
web: www.datalog.de

... and IT works!

"Luis D Rojas" <LuisD...@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Luis D Rojas

Mar 23, 2005, 9:37:05 AM3/23/05
Hi Hemut,
Yes, i replace the dll reference, and the load behavior is 3
It is now working, i´m not sure what i´ve done to fix it but i have an idea(
i tried a lot of things and maybe was a combination of some of them )
but i think the main problem is that i have to solutions and i usually work
on both sometimes a the same time, since both are Add ons, both have a
Connect.cs file, so i guess the compiler got confused or something ( this
cause is document in the Debugging newsgroup ). I renamed the Connect file of
the other project to connect1.cs, and restart .NET and it worked, besides, i
added more code to file, and it compiled and worked

Thanks for your patience and attention.
If something happens again i´ll let you know

Best Regards