audio conversation keeps ending

Ron

Dec 10, 2005, 8:07:01 PM12/10/05
Hi when chatting to a friend using MSN messenger V7 the audio conversation
keeps ending for no apparent reason. We are both on broadband, me with cable
him with ADSL both running Windows XP pro. Any ideas as to what can be
causing this such as a setting somewhere that cuts the audio connection? It
used to be OK until my friend reinstalled Windows XP Pro.
Thanks Ron

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Dec 11, 2005, 8:34:26 AM12/11/05
Greetings,

You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start,
then click the Control Panel. If you're in category view click Network and Internet
connections then click Network Connections. Right click your network/internet connection,
then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet Scheduler, then reboot and try again.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert