MSN POP3 Email Configuration Change

dan

Jan 23, 2007, 4:30:25 PM1/23/07
Received this email this afternoon.
Is email legitimate ?
Ya never know....
TIA...

Peter Petrelli

Jan 23, 2007, 5:59:50 PM1/23/07
What email?

-Peter P.

"dan" <nos...@nsm.com> wrote in message
news:ORXwrWz...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Message has been deleted

Peter Foldes

Jan 23, 2007, 9:15:14 PM1/23/07
Yes it is. All legacy pop3 MSN email account holders are affected by this change. All links below has been cut to avoid showing our own setups.

Hello,

You have received this notice because you previously used POP3 service from MSN®.

We wanted to inform you that access to the MSN POP3 service will be changing effective February 1, 2007. This message has been sent to the e-mail address that corresponds to the primary e-mail account that you use to access the MSN POP3 service. You must manually change the settings in your POP3 account no later than February 1, 2007 in order to continue to access your MSN POP3 mailbox. The process to make these changes is as follows:

Currently, you have the following configuration for your POP3 mail in the mail client (such as Outlook Express) that you use:

<http://ads1..jpg>

In order to continue using the MSN POP3 service, you must make the following changes to your mail client:

1. On the Servers Tab,

a. Change the Incoming mail (POP3) and Outgoing mail (SMTP) settings to:

i. Incoming mail FROM pop3.email.msn.com TO pop3.live.com

ii. Outgoing mail FROM smtp.email.msn.com TO smtp.live.com

b. Uncheck the "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" box

2. On the Advanced Tab,

a. Change the port number for Incoming Mail (POP3) from 110 to 995

b. Check both the boxes that indicates "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)"

When you finish, your settings should be as pictured below:

<http://ads1.msn.com

Please make these changes no later than February 1, 2007 when the current access settings for your POP3 access will no longer function. Note: This change does not remove your mailbox or change your email address and you can still access your email via the Hotmail® site.

MSN continually evaluates its products and services to make sure that it best fits customers' changing needs and interests. Our primary goal is to provide a valuable experience to you that meet your online needs.

We appreciate your continued use of MSN.

--
Peter

...winston

Jan 24, 2007, 1:28:49 AM1/24/07
To echo Peter's input..
1. Yes it is valid
2. Missing from the graphic(Outgoing Server/Settings tab) - the location for Secure Password Authorization/SPA) in OE
3. If using OL03
- SPA for Outgoing is on the MoreSettings/Outgoing Server tab
- SSL for both Pop3 and Smtp is on the MoreSettings/Advanced tab
3. The notice may also be poorly worded.[ reference "no later than Feb1")....since changing prior to Feb 1(e.g today) may result in both incoming and outgoing errors. You may wish to try periodically or wait until the deadline. Your mail client will normally provide a error if failure is present.

...winston

p.s.
- Don't know if any one noticed but this is the first deviation in the Pop3 legacy acct from requiring SPA(first for Incoming then later for Outgoing).
- If you wish additional spam protection, you'll have to visit the web site and change the junk mail options. Note: The only way with a pop3 legacy setup to view the junk mail folder is to use the web site. A pop3 legacy account does ***not*** download the contents of the junk mail folder.
- If having a junk mail folder is absolutely neccessary, the legacy account can also be setup as an http msn.com account(in lieu of pop3 and the notice's settings)
Http server is:
http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

"Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u8V4611P...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dan

Jan 24, 2007, 7:44:48 AM1/24/07
Sorry if post was misleading. Thought 'subject' would
be the tell....

Winston's correct in highlighting this para:

"3. The notice may also be poorly worded.[ reference "no later than
Feb1")....since changing prior to Feb 1(e.g today) may result in both
incoming and outgoing errors. You may wish to try periodically or wait until
the deadline. Your mail client will normally provide a error if failure is
present."

That's what got me suspicious....

Thanx guys for the return....

BTW, been here since '96 and still using 98se, lol....Late bloomer.

Interesting to see what 'havoc Vista causes....

dan

Jan 24, 2007, 8:34:59 AM1/24/07
Anyone know stats on how many of "us" legacy pop3 users are
still liking pop3 mail ?

Peter Foldes

Jan 24, 2007, 8:39:14 AM1/24/07
Stephen

This was done because of Windows Live Mail had trouble and or did not support the old\new configuration for pop3.

Sort of a Hotfix done quickly

--
Peter

"StephenB" <sbo...@mvps.org> wrote in message news:5eaer21c3ijqi77rb...@4ax.com...

> "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Yes it is. All legacy pop3 MSN email account holders are affected by this change. All links below has been cut to avoid showing our own setups.
>

> Thanks, Peter and winston. I clearly don't know everything. :-) I know that some
> long time MSN subscribers still have POP access, but that's about it. Had the OP
> included at least some of the original email when asking the question, I could
> have speculated that it looked legitimate. Ah, well!
> Interesting that they are changing over the servers to live.com.
> -steve
> --
> Stephen Boots
> MVP Windows Live
> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
> sbo...@mvps.org

seti...@msn.com

Jan 24, 2007, 2:28:40 PM1/24/07

On Jan 24, 1:50 am, "Jack D. Russell, Sr."
<jackru$$e...@notmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> * Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$e...@notmail.com>
> * Newsgroup: microsoft.public.msn.discussion
> * Reply to: All; "...winston" <merlin@druid9#.com>
> * Date:Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:44:12 -0500
> * Subj: Re: MSN POP3 Email Configuration Change
<snip>

> OK...Who's going to be the first to check it out? Not me...I'll wait for
> someone else to try it. ;) I don't like surprises, especially MSn style
> surprises.
> --
> Jack

I set up a parallel mail account in OE with the new settings outlined
in the email. It may not be live as yet. I get a Logon screen with
the correct username and p/w info already filled-in. "OK" just has the
logon screen pop-up again. I tried adding "msn/" before the username
as is done using a dial-up connection made from Windows, but that
doesn't work.

After the logon attempt times out, I get the error message:
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
rejected. Account: 'New MSN POP3', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization failed', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

--Scott

James C. Butler

Jan 24, 2007, 3:27:41 PM1/24/07
I may be a day late but I too received the same email notice about POP3,
etc. I'm definitely am an old legacy. Glad to know it is legit. BUT, can one
of you veteran MVPs put this in context and explain exactly for the long run
what MSN is doing with its various email "businesses."

AND, as someone mentioned, does it have to be done exactly on Feb. 1? Or can
it be done, successfully, today?

TIA

Jim

"dan" <nos...@nsm.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

...winston

Jan 24, 2007, 7:53:26 PM1/24/07
James...I've only read of one person that claimed it worked after modifying the settings..but don't know how they tested it.
I tested it yesterday on another pc with the same email account in Outlook and OE(2 separate Windows profiles) and without success. It failed with a variety of suggested and other settings responding with error messages for both the incoming and outgoing server(SSL failure live.com, incorrect password, pop3 port 995. Restoring to prior settings(SPA, server 110) resulted in functionality.

I'm not sure there are any MVP's remaining with pop3 knowledge since all current msn mvps were awarded recently and all post and supportive of http mail.
...winston

"James C. Butler" <jamesc...@msn.com> wrote in message news:OjoFBY$PHHA...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
:I may be a day late but I too received the same email notice about POP3,

: >
: >
:
:

...winston

Jan 24, 2007, 7:45:21 PM1/24/07
Last I heard it was well over a hundred thousand.
...w

"dan" <nos...@nsm.com> wrote in message news:eg0Orx7P...@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
: Anyone know stats on how many of "us" legacy pop3 users are

:
:

Peter Foldes

Jan 24, 2007, 10:45:56 PM1/24/07
Winston

Strange stuff. I have2 legacy accounts . One of them set up correctly and the other one gave me the same result as it did for you.

--
Peter

...winston

Jan 24, 2007, 11:25:51 PM1/24/07
Peter,
I suspect it's a server issue..as they scramble to enact what they informed prior to full deployment on the first of the month.
..winston

Earle Horton

Jan 25, 2007, 1:17:33 AM1/25/07
I retired from Microsoft eleven years ago (my anniversary date is March 31)
and I see that they haven't changed much.

Saúde,

Earle

"...winston" <merlin@druid9#.com> wrote in message

James C. Butler

Jan 25, 2007, 7:27:57 AM1/25/07
Steve-

Thanks for your help about the POP3 stuff. I'll continue to monitor this
group to hear how others are doing.

About my question asking if someone can put Microsoft's various email
"businesses" in context. Here is what I mean.

We have Outlook in Office. We have Outlook Express. We have MSN Mail. We
have Hotmail. I understand Vista will have "Windows Mail." Am I also correct
there will be Live mail?

It is bewildering. And I'm not a newbie. I've been at this with MSN since
Day One.

What I am looking for is for someone to describe how these various programs
relate to one another. Which ones survive in the future? Which ones are in
fact the same? Which ones are being phased out?

Put another way, rather than simply being told by Microsoft to change a
couple of email settings, I'd like to understand why?

Thanks.
Jim

> "James C. Butler" <jamesc...@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>I may be a day late but I too received the same email notice about POP3,
>>etc. I'm definitely am an old legacy. Glad to know it is legit. BUT, can
>>one
>>of you veteran MVPs put this in context and explain exactly for the long
>>run
>>what MSN is doing with its various email "businesses."
>>
>>AND, as someone mentioned, does it have to be done exactly on Feb. 1? Or
>>can
>>it be done, successfully, today?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Jim

> Hello, Jim. I believe that it was noted in an earlier reply that the new
> setting
> do not appear to be valid today. I can't tell you when they will be, but
> watch
> this space as I'm sure someone will post their positive (or negative!)
> results.
>
> What do you want to know about the MSN email "businesses?"

Ron Elkin

Jan 25, 2007, 8:03:21 AM1/25/07
I am running a PowerMac G-4 with system 10.2.8. When I get on the msn.com
site and try to switch to their mail area, FF crashes. This also has begun
to happen with I.E. 5.2 and Safari 1.0.3. Any advise?

bobnrobin

Jan 25, 2007, 10:42:02 AM1/25/07

"James C. Butler" wrote:

> Steve-
>
> Thanks for your help about the POP3 stuff. I'll continue to monitor this
> group to hear how others are doing.
>
> About my question asking if someone can put Microsoft's various email
> "businesses" in context. Here is what I mean.
>
> We have Outlook in Office. We have Outlook Express. We have MSN Mail. We
> have Hotmail. I understand Vista will have "Windows Mail." Am I also correct
> there will be Live mail?
>
> It is bewildering. And I'm not a newbie. I've been at this with MSN since
> Day One.
>
> What I am looking for is for someone to describe how these various programs
> relate to one another. Which ones survive in the future? Which ones are in
> fact the same? Which ones are being phased out?
>
> Put another way, rather than simply being told by Microsoft to change a
> couple of email settings, I'd like to understand why?
>
> Thanks.
> Jim

Thanks, Jim.
Very, very, well put. Been wondering about those things for a long time
now. Hope someone will explain. Surely there are others who've had similar
thoughts.
bobnrobin

dan

Jan 25, 2007, 11:25:24 AM1/25/07
Thought more. Really like OE pop3.

FWIW, since '97 have not used MSN's GUI....

Thanx winston !

PA Bear

Jan 25, 2007, 11:52:29 AM1/25/07
Inline.

James C. Butler wrote:
> <snippage>

> We have Outlook in Office. We have Outlook Express. We have MSN Mail. We
> have Hotmail. I understand Vista will have "Windows Mail." Am I also
> correct
> there will be Live mail?

> What I am looking for is for someone to describe how these various
> programs
> relate to one another. Which ones survive in the future? Which ones are in
> fact the same? Which ones are being phased out?

Outlook (OL) continues in Office 2007. Outlook Express (OE) is dead in the
water: There will be no new versions or improvements other than security
updates. MSN Mail is based on OE; who knows what's happening here? (Will
Windows Live Mail Desktop replace it?)

We now have Windows Mail (WinMail; default Mail Client in Vista; no
HTTP/WebDAV acccess to date), Windows Live Mail (WLMail; replacement for
Hotmail webmail access), and Windows Live Mail Desktop (WLMD, currently in
beta; based on both OE and Windows Mail; requires an MSN/Hotmail account;
POP3 and NNTP access included).

Confused? You're not alone.

> Put another way, rather than simply being told by Microsoft to change a
> couple of email settings, I'd like to understand why?

na...@hotmail.com accounts are not POP3 accounts; most na...@msn.com accounts
aren't either. But there are some MSN subscribers who still have POP3
access. If you're one of these subscribers and you want to be able to
access your account in OE or OL after 01 Feb-07, you'll need to use the new
settings, according to MSN.

Why is MSN (not Microsoft) changing it? MSN isn't telling us but probably
to afford more reliable access in WinMail and/or to give more exposure to
the new Live.com interface which will be replacing .NET Passport, etc., in
the very near future.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Boze

Jan 25, 2007, 1:13:57 PM1/25/07
I have MSN using POP3. Any suggestions on what to do / who to contact if
the error isn't resolved by Feb 1st? Right now I can use my email with the
original settings but get the error message referring to a Security
Certificate when I update to the new email settings.

Thanks
Boze

"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

James C. Butler

Jan 25, 2007, 2:58:22 PM1/25/07
PA Bear--
I for one send you a huge "thank you" for dissecting the Microsoft/MSN mail
species. I'm sure many others will thank you too. Wow, what a mixed-up mess.
Reminds me of the day BEFORE dress rehearsal of a high school play. Except
maybe it is a month before. Your exposition of the various flavors of email
is a) excellent and b) reassuring in that we all find ourselves in the same
boat.

Yes, I am one (of the few) who has a POP3 account. I have not yet made the
change mandated by Microsoft. But I will report to this group the
outcome--or I will cry for help.

Thanks again, PA Bear.

Jim

John Hensley

Jan 25, 2007, 3:38:41 PM1/25/07
"Earle Horton" <ea...@vascongado.usa> wrote in message

>I retired from Microsoft eleven years ago (my anniversary date is March 31)
> and I see that they haven't changed much.
> Saúde,
> Earle

Hey Earle,

I lived in the house beside you door to you NE 92nd street and worked in
Bldg 3. How have you been and what are you up to?

...John Hensley

James C. Butler

Jan 25, 2007, 4:33:23 PM1/25/07
Bobnrobin....

See Pa Bear's response. Really good explanation. And thanks for your
response too.

Jim

"bobnrobin" <bobn...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

mae

Jan 25, 2007, 5:00:51 PM1/25/07
I did not get the notice in the msn POP3 account.
They sent it to a paid hotmail account. :)

I will test it later on another machine.
I don't want the duplicate messages on this one
as I'm using http for the account.
--
mae

Message has been deleted

...winston

Jan 25, 2007, 8:45:44 PM1/25/07
The logical choice for a long term survival email client due to its signifant deployed base in the business and home community would be Outlook.

When discussing the protocol that is another question(legacy Msn is pop3 and still remains the predominant and common standard on the planet, all other msft offerings are http).

As long as the email client supports pop3 and http they will function assuming nothing proprietary is included in the requirements(e.g. Secure Password Authorization limited MSn legacy pop3 to only OE and OL).

..winston

"James C. Butler" <jamesc...@msn.com> wrote in message news:Ovp4iwHQ...@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
: Steve-

:
:

Unknown

Jan 26, 2007, 3:11:01 AM1/26/07
I solved the logon failure by appending @msn.com to the end of my account
name. With the new settings, I can receive mail, but my outgoing mail fails
("The connection to the server has failed [...]"). I still don't know the
solution to the problem with the outgoing mail. Maybe it's a server-side
issue.

PA Bear

Jan 26, 2007, 11:59:28 AM1/26/07
YW, Jim.

Peter Foldes

Jan 26, 2007, 4:16:00 PM1/26/07
Sometimes Server side but mainly the outgoing AV scanner or wrong outgoing server port number

--
Peter

sdrugger

Jan 27, 2007, 2:53:49 AM1/27/07
As reported by mattambrose, appending @msn.com to the user name solves
the login problem for me. The server started to download the message
queue once I made this change.

But I didn't have the problem with sending email through the new smtp
gateway, once I appended the @msn.com to the userid.

One thing to check in OE is that the "From" idenity for the new POP3
account is active in the message form via the pull down selector at the
far right of the From space. When I set up the parallel mail account
with the new settings put out by MSN in the subject email notification,
I gave this account a unique name so I don't confuse it with my
everyday POP3 setup. It might be worth it to mattambrose to check this
setting before spending alot of time trying to diagnose the mysteries
of MSN settings .

--Scott

P.S. Thanks for the tip, mattambrose.

sdrugger

Jan 27, 2007, 2:55:54 AM1/27/07

Sportsluvr

Jan 31, 2007, 12:43:00 PM1/31/07
Another MSN POP3 user did not get email on 1/23 alerting him to make changes
to pop settings (i.e. from pop3.email.msn.com to pop3.live.com ). When he
called MSN today to inquire if he should make changes from email.msn.com to
live.com he was told not to!

Why are some POP3 MSN accounts required to make these changes (by 2/1) while
others can be left alone with present MSN POP3/SMTP settings?

As those who have kindly helped me this week, I was told to change settings
by MSN email on 2/23/06. Another curious thing is that my friend signed up
for MSN around late '98 or early '99, while I signed up for MSN in late '99.

Thanks in advice!
:)

...winston

Jan 31, 2007, 2:09:11 PM1/31/07
Not all mail accounts reside in the same location..the most likely cause of the delay or problem is that not all locations are capable of handling the change...

"Sportsluvr" <Sport...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:160BE002-4F71-4C5B...@microsoft.com...
: Another MSN POP3 user did not get email on 1/23 alerting him to make changes

: >
: >

henryellingsen

Feb 2, 2007, 9:22:32 PM2/2/07
Well Feb 1st has come and gone and email settings not changed yet. Still on my old pop3.email.msn.com settings and working fine. New configuration doesn't work for me.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

...winston

Feb 2, 2007, 10:12:01 PM2/2/07
Patience with changes by Msn has been a historical requirement<g>
...winston

<Henry Ellingsen> wrote in message news:200722212231h...@msn.com...
: Well Feb 1st has come and gone and email settings not changed yet. Still on my old pop3.email.msn.com settings and working fine. New configuration doesn't work for me.

Soulseer

Feb 8, 2007, 10:16:01 AM2/8/07

"Henry Ellingsen" wrote:

I have three different computers....one running old Windows98 and one
running old WindowsME and one running WindowsXP. I made the POP3 server name
changes easily on the WindowsXP machine, but I KEEP getting 'smtp' errors on
the two older machines....I can receive e-mail but not send e-mail on the
older machines. After many many many hours of struggling with the POP3
server name changes on the older machines, I simply changed the OE settings
back to what they were before I received the e-mail from MSN and now the old
machines are sending and receiving e-mail just fine. I get the feeling these
POP3 server name changes are designed to NOT work on older operating systems.
Can anyone shed any light on this ? Thank you in advance......

...winston

Feb 8, 2007, 6:25:53 PM2/8/07
: "Henry Ellingsen" wrote:
I get the feeling these POP3 server name changes are designed to NOT work on older operating systems.
: Can anyone shed any light on this ? Thank you in advance......
:

Probably not the correct assumption since the symptoms you reported are also common to newer the new o/s(xp and vista).
..winston

Soulseer

Feb 9, 2007, 12:26:02 AM2/9/07

"...winston" wrote:

Winston: Thank you for your reply. This has been a VERY frustrating set of
problems.....the server name changes worked well instantly on my WindowsXP
machine, but I have tried and tried and tried every conceivable OE
configuration on my two older machines and still get the 'smtp' errors. I
changed the OE settings back to the old configurations on the older machines
and OE is now working, but it seems MSN is distributing incomplete and
incorrect information in their mass e-mailings. I have wasted MANY MANY
hours on all of this and I have a feeling more problems lie ahead.....all of
this is PURE B.S........e-mail should NOT be akin to rocket science.......I
depend heavily on e-mail for business and family information, and somehow MSN
has managed to screw all this up.....any further information on all of this
would be appreciated....

...winston

Feb 9, 2007, 6:55:49 PM2/9/07
I sympathize with everyone having problems including msft/msn. I suspect this pop3 to live migration is not as simple as it sounds. If we look back, there are at least 4 four tweaked types or possibly modified pop3 accounts.
Legacy pop3 accounts never having been integrated into Msn software or used Msn software since version 2.6 or 5.4
Legacy pop3 accounts that were converted to http by Msn5.6 install and reverted by an online tool back to pop3.
Legacy pop3 accounts converted to http by MSn 5.6 or 6 and reverted to pop3 via phone call(after the tool was removed) and tweaked/provisioned at msn end to use the pop3 server.
Legacy pop3 accounts created in conjunction with an msn partner.

Any of the above combinations, server location, account history, etc.. could wreck havoc in the transition, especially if the tribal knowledge of the past is unclear.

You are correct, it shouldn't take this long...if you'be been around long enough, you would also know that the http/pop3 reversion took over 2 months to stabilize and another 2 to finalize.

As far as OE on the other machines..trying different configurations won't help..their are only two acceptable settings at this time(the exact old or the exact new).

As for using Msn for business...sorry, but somewhere in the fine print or TOS most likely resides a disclaimer, thus if you really need a dependable source to conduct business you may wish to familiarize yourself with msft's position.

"Soulseer" <Soul...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E958B4A8-C72E-49A2...@microsoft.com...
:
:

:
:
:

Soulseer

Feb 9, 2007, 10:47:00 PM2/9/07
Winston: Thanks again for your additional input. I am sure the MSFT/MSN
e-mail conversions are complicated, but all the information I received about
all this arrived in a single mass mailing from MSN, and weeks after
receiving that e-mail I finally find out the instructions in the e-mail are
simply wrong for certain legacy configurations. The appropriate course of
action for MSN/MSFT would be follow-up e-mails explaining problems and/or
solutions, but instead many people are just left floundering in the dark. I
guess I will just keep using the old machines with the old configurations
until they suddenly stop working........

...winston

Feb 10, 2007, 1:01:48 AM2/10/07
There are only two legacy configurations for pop3 legacy accounts regardless of the email client used..
- The old(server *.email.msn.com, spa required) and the new(*.live.com, ssl replaces spa, and incoming server 995)...all the rest of the settings are common and both still require outgoing authentication.

Follow-up emails or a better use of a notice on one of these--- network status site, membercenter.msn.com page, or the support.msn.com service/help page(which was not available earlier this evening) would be nice...but if I were a betting man, few ever visit those sites.

Until then this forum is one of the few alternatives to reach out and touch someone.
There are quite a few capable people around here to keep the group updated.

Hang in there..and yes, use the old settings..eventually the issues will be resolved.
...winston

"Soulseer" <Soul...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A861C90-448E-4509...@microsoft.com...
: Winston: Thanks again for your additional input. I am sure the MSFT/MSN

: > :
: > :
: >

Soulseer

Feb 10, 2007, 5:04:00 AM2/10/07
Winston: Thank you very much for your input. At least I now have my older
legacy machines temporarily sending and receiving e-mail properly via OE
client using the 'old' configurations. I will check back here from time to
time to get information updates. I still am amazed at the massive LACK of
information provided by MSN/MSFT on these issues.....thanks again......

Doug

Feb 11, 2007, 2:00:25 AM2/11/07
Hi Guys,

Read your discussion about the MSN POP3 changes. I got the same message. Tried everthing suggested here and nothing worked. Am still on the old POP3.email.msn.com incoming server and it still works as of today!!!??

Alice

Feb 20, 2007, 2:25:52 PM2/20/07
Alice_...@yahoo.co.nz

Introduction.
Dearest,

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I and my Son Moussa ,intend to establish in your country.

Though I have not met with you before but I believe, one has to risk confiding in succeed sometimes in life.

There is this huge amount of ($5,500,000.00) which my late Husband deposited in a security company in cote d'ivoire before he was assasinated by unknown persons.

Now I and my son decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for security and political reasons.We want you to help us transfer it into your personal account in your country for investment purposes on these areas:

1). Telecommunication
2). the transport industry
3). Five star hotel

If you can be of an assistance to us we will be pleased to offer to you 10% Of the total fund.

I await your soonest response.

Respectfully yours,

Mrs Alice milan