Money is already running

TR

Mar 18, 2006, 4:08:15 PM3/18/06
After I use Microsoft Money 2006 and close it, the next time I try to open
the program I get an alert box stating that "money is already running" the
only thing I have been able to do is go to task manager and close the
msmoney.exe and then reopen the program. Is there a place to correct this
abnormality?

Thanks

TR

Bob Peel, MVP

Mar 18, 2006, 5:27:31 PM3/18/06
This normally happens if you try and open Money v quickly after closing it
and/or there is a background on-line transaction that hasn't completed.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"TR" <tims_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bill

Apr 1, 2006, 6:08:01 PM4/1/06
I have the same problem. I have read through the posts about this problem
and some of them imply that it is some sort of user error. I find this to be
quite annoying. I open Money 2006. Do what ever it was I opened it for and
then shut it down. Almost never is it a short period of time that it is open
as I have several accounts and I wait for them to all update. The other
"cause" I then can wait for any amount of time from 5 minutes to 2 days and
when I try to open Money it says that Money is already running. When I look
at the task manager sure enough there is money running still. I can close it
from there but, as a general rule I would think this is not the way that any
program should be shut down. Who knows what that does to the database which
is not the most stable to begin with. If anyone has a solution I would be
very glad to hear of it. If not then I need to hurry up and apply for my
satisfaction guarantee.

Thanks
Bill

TR

Apr 1, 2006, 9:54:31 PM4/1/06
Bill, You described my promblem to an absolute. It is exactly the same thing
for me and also quite annoying. I cannot find anything on the Microsoft
Knowledge either.

I hope someone can help us resolve this issue.

"Bill" <Bi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Kraig Rury

Apr 4, 2006, 12:23:35 PM4/4/06
I have the same problem, if I break into it with the debugger it seems to be
in an infinite loop as it always breaks at the same return statement over and
over.

TR

Apr 4, 2006, 5:36:12 PM4/4/06
Sooo... I guess this means there is no patch or MS Fix for the problem we
seem to be having.

Michael Gordon, MVP

Apr 8, 2006, 8:00:56 PM4/8/06
I've not found it...............

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

"TR" <tims_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Kimberly Griego

May 26, 2006, 2:45:41 PM5/26/06
I actually see this as well, but only if I choose to do a backup when
prompted after choosing to Exit. If I choose backup from the File menu, and
then Exit when it finishes, Money closes out just fine.

Kimberly Griego

"Michael Gordon, MVP" <gor...@denison.edu> wrote in message