Non responsive Office +

Gurrischwarma

Jul 16, 2007, 5:21:37 AM7/16/07
Hi there potential saviour

In a fairly out of the blue situation while doing a number of things
on my Mac (Intel Imac) a word document closed down without generating
any error message. Subsequent to this I have been unable to open Word
or any other Office programs. In addition I am unable to open
FirstEdge (MYOB), an accounting package or World Book Encycl. ANYONE
WHO CAN HELP PLEASE??????

Gary

Elliott Roper

Jul 16, 2007, 5:59:59 AM7/16/07
In article <1184577697.1...@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
Gurrischwarma <gur...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Have you recently installed Quicktime 7.2 over OS X 10.4.10?
There have been many reports of these updates breaking the Rosetta
Power PC emulation needed for non-native-Intel applications, of which
Office is one.

I believe one solution is to re-apply the OS X 10.4.10 Combo updater.

Google this group for much recent discussion "quicktime" is a good
keyword to start with.
See also
http://www.macfixit.com
It is today's featured article.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

Darlene

Jul 16, 2007, 8:46:08 AM7/16/07
On Jul 16, 6:59 am, Elliott Roper <nos...@yrl.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <1184577697.193693.327...@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

> Gurrischwarma <gur...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi there potential saviour
>
> > In a fairly out of the blue situation while doing a number of things
> > on my Mac (Intel Imac) a word document closed down without generating
> > any error message. Subsequent to this I have been unable to open Word
> > or any other Office programs. In addition I am unable to open
> > FirstEdge (MYOB), an accounting package or World Book Encycl. ANYONE
> > WHO CAN HELP PLEASE??????
>
> Have you recently installed Quicktime 7.2 over OS X 10.4.10?
> There have been many reports of these updates breaking the Rosetta
> Power PC emulation needed for non-native-Intel applications, of which
> Office is one.
>
> I believe one solution is to re-apply the OS X 10.4.10 Combo updater.
>
> Google this group for much recent discussion "quicktime" is a good
> keyword to start with.
> See alsohttp://www.macfixit.com

> It is today's featured article.
>
> --
> To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
> PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

I did call into Microsoft Technical Support for Mac and they informed
me that there is a issue with the Office applications not launching
just bouncing on the dock and then disappearing. They did inform me
that it has to do with the latest Mac OS update which installs
Quicktime 7.2 which is breaking Rosetta CFM applications on Intel
based Macs. This would include Microsoft Office, older versions of
Photoshop (including CS2), and many, many others.

There is a Apple combo update located here
www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10410comboupdatev11intel.html -
after downloading this and restarting the Mac OS, I am able to open
my Office applications and other programs as well.