TIFF Decompressor?

zabi...@gmail.com

May 4, 2006, 5:02:43 PM5/4/06
Hey there!

I really need help.. I have made a document with quite a few images in
it on my Mac on Microsoft Word 2004 and i need to save it to my USB
drive and then print it off on my Windows PC. However when i do this
all the images are gone and all i find is that it says you need a TIFF
Decompressor etc..

Is there any way of solving this problem? I have tried googling it but
no real answers!

Can anyone help?

Corentin Cras-Méneur

May 4, 2006, 6:26:23 PM5/4/06
<zabi...@gmail.com> wrote:

I suspect that the files were generated as TIFF using QuickTime
compression. This method is not compatible with Office for Windows which
doesn't know how to read the files.
The only way out I could think of would be to re-encode the files using
another method of compression (or another codec as PNG).

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Andrew Chiang [MSFT]

May 4, 2006, 6:43:31 PM5/4/06
Hello,

My post at
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint/browse_frm/thread/b7f230317e0f08a/ca039f946c2dbfc5
discusses this and the workarounds/things to avoid. There is no known
solution on the PC side. I've also found that Insert Picture > From File...
of certain PICT files can also cause a problem.

In short, I'd:
- use Insert Picture > From File... [you should re-insert your images using
this, assuming they aren't PICT files]
- avoid inserting PICT files [re-save them as some other format, such as
PNG]
- avoid copying and pasting or dragging/dropping images from other apps

If you have a document/repro case involving a picture inserted via Insert
Picture > From File... AND it's not of PICT format, I'd love to hear about
it and possibly get a copy of the picture and the document.

Thanks,
Andrew

<zabi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

little_creature

May 5, 2006, 4:49:51 AM5/5/06
The issue of TIFF is that they can be saved in Mac or PC format. Mac usually
has no problem to read PC tiff but PC has trobles to read Mac tiff.
I would recoomend you either to save all your tiffs in PC format or use
different image format that is platform independent as indicated above.