Changing the link on the Search the Web button

Luc

Jul 25, 2002, 10:10:16 PM7/25/02
I want to change the link on the Search the Web button in Word. It
takes me to Excite but I want to use another Search engine. I tried
changing the link in the Internet preference system (OS X) but Word
resets it to the Excite engine.

Thank you

John McGhie [MVP - Word]

Jul 26, 2002, 8:27:50 AM7/26/02
Hi Luc:

No, sorry. That's part of the Captive Eyeballs campaign the computer
vendors are still trying.

Microsoft owns Excite, so all searches are pointed at Excite.

I would simply put a hyperlink to Google on the toolbar and copy the icon
onto it, then remove the original Icon :-)

The default is actually in Internet Explorer somewhere. You can change it,
but you need the IE Admin kit to do it with.

Cheers

This responds to microsoft.public.mac.office.word on 25 Jul 2002 19:10:16
-0700, mant...@mac.com (Luc):