Find and Replace cause Word to crash again and again

kyu...@officeformac.com

Jun 22, 2008, 7:52:28 PM6/22/08
Version: 2008
Processor: intel

I can usually use either find or replace once. The next time I try it, Word crashes. Frequently, the find and replace functions don't work, as they report nothing found, but when Word restarts after the crash, I find it.

My guess is that the tables have something to do with it.

Really frustrating. Is Microsoft working on a fix for this? (It would be nice if they allowed the search window to float while as well. Having to close it, fix the document, then open it again is really tedious.)

A possible work-around is to use the find function to find each instance of the target. Then close the search window, do the replace, and open the search window again. I have successfully used that technique.

CyberTaz

Jun 22, 2008, 10:54:56 PM6/22/08
Hello ________-

I doubt MS is working on a fix because it isn't broken... At least not here
in 2 separate installations of 12.1.0, and this is the only report of any
such problem (here, at least). I don't question what you're experiencing,
but it isn't a bug in the program. It must be something local to your system
causing the behavior. Once we find out what that is we can help you correct
it with no need for a workaround.

First thought - Are you using the OS X feature called Spaces? If so, turn it
off, restart your Mac & see if the problem continues. Office 2008 is
admittedly incompatible with Spaces at the present time. That's a known
issue that MS is working with Apple to resolve. If that isn't it...

Try the steps offered on the link below which pertain to "Unexpected quit
while in use". Try those steps in the order they're listed.

http://word.mvps.org/mac/Diagnose.html

The one point that may seem like a PITA is that the F&R dialog doesn't stay
in the foreground if you click in the document. However, you should need
only key Command+` or Command+F or Shift+Command+H to bring it back to the
front. Or you can just click the up/dn Browse Objects button (at the bottom
of he vertical scroll bar) to resume Finding without having the box covering
any content at all.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/22/08 7:52 PM, in article 59b51...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

John McGhie

Jun 22, 2008, 11:05:15 PM6/22/08
That sounds like a seriously corrupted document!

You are correct: if a document corrupts, it is most likely that the problem
will appear in or around the tables.

However, I can use Search/Replace all day without a crash. And the Search
window DOES float for me, so I can leave it open.

And the Browse function enables me to repeat a Find or Replace with a single
click, without having to open the Search window at all.

So I am sure we can solve your problems, but we need lots and lots of detail
about what is in that document, and what you are trying to do.

Right at the moment, "No" Microsoft is not working on any problems with
Search and Replace, because they are not aware that there are any.

If you work with us, we'll get this solved for you.

Cheers

On 23/06/08 9:52 AM, in article 59b51...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"kyu...@officeformac.com" <kyu...@officeformac.com> wrote:

Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia. mailto:jo...@mcghie.name

kyu...@officeformac.com

Jun 23, 2008, 1:35:10 AM6/23/08
Thank you both for the quick responses. It was a disk permissions issue. With any luck this will solve a number of other problems that I have not asked about. (Once again, I had to remember to uncheck that nasty "sounds like Japanese" box. I'm afraid it's going to really bite me one day when I completely forget.)

kbr...@officeformac.com

Jun 23, 2008, 9:31:34 AM6/23/08
It's not just you--I have been having the same problem since I installed Office 2008. I contacted Microsoft and, after trying the whole routine with deleting the Preferences files, etc. (which did solve the problem of not being able to register Office), the problem persisted. When I called back, the Microsoft support representative was able to replicate the problem and passed it on to the "upper tier" technical support. They contacted me and said that a fix was in the works. I was hoping that it would have been resolved in the latest patch (May 13, I think) but the problem still occurs. In fact, I have three Macs (an older Intel iMac, an older Titanium PowerBook and an older Mini), and the same thing happens on all of them.
Besides crashing after a second search and replace, I also found that it only searches for the term to replace from the insertion point of the cursor, even if you have checked the box to search the entire document (as opposed to search down).

CyberTaz

Jun 23, 2008, 5:49:05 PM6/23/08
No criticism, but if you do have the same problem it should be resolved by
the same solution. If not, your problem must be at least somewhat different
so please post as a NEW message.

Also, in order to be of any assistance we need to know the specific version
of Office & OS X as well as a complete & accurate description of what the
problem seems to be. Any other details about the situation will also enable
someone to help you resolve it most quickly.

Regards |:>)

Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/23/08 9:31 AM, in article 59b51...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

John McGhie

Jun 24, 2008, 5:22:15 AM6/24/08
Yes, please do as Bob suggests and post a new question.

The Search/Replace mechanism does not do that here.

I suspect there is something else wrong: we need lots of detail so we can
help you sort it out.

I am not aware of any bug reports on Search/Replace issues, so I think the
support people might have been a little confused: I don't think there are
any fixes on the way for an issue like that. Not that I would necessarily
know if there are, but one of us would usually know.

Cheers

On 23/06/08 11:01 PM, in article 59b51...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"kbr...@officeformac.com" <kbr...@officeformac.com> wrote:

kbr...@officeformac.com

Jun 27, 2008, 10:03:38 AM6/27/08
Thanks for the input. I think that this latest patch must have resolved the problem, because I've tried to recreate it and have had no crashes.

etc...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 11:53:49 AM6/27/08
Word 2008 12.1.1, PPC, Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger)

Well, as a heavy Find and Replace user over the course of many years,
I know that something *is* indeed the matter with the function in Word
2008. I've had a number of strange occurrences I'm currently keeping
an eye on in order to rule out particular files or formatting as the
cause, but so far, something that is definitely not file-dependent is
this: with the Replace window frontmost, the focus randomly passes to
the document window, so that pressing Command-A to Replace All does a
Select All in the document window instead- or crashes Word altogether.
A Command-W to close the Replace window -which remains frontmost-
closes the document instead.

Patricio Mason
Santiago, Chile

Slipface

Jun 27, 2008, 5:44:51 PM6/27/08
In article
<4e44870f-1eac-47c7...@34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
<etc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm glad to see this. Word crashed about half a dozen times on me
while using Find (I wasn't replacing anything). I had the window
split--that's the most complex it got. I didn't observe the document
window jumping in front of the F/R window, but it did crash repeatedly.
And the Auto-save didn't work a single time. I got to the point that I
was cmd-S'ing after every modest change to the text that I made.

I'm using the exact same setup as you, except that I see I'm behind a
version on Word--I'm still on 12.1.0. Will grab the update soon,
although it's clear it won't solve this particular problem.

_dennis

John McGhie

Jun 28, 2008, 6:49:42 AM6/28/08
Hi Dennis:

That's a classic sign of a corrupt document!

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with Find/Replace (and I
am a very serious user of it... Large complex documents...)

But if the document is corrupt, it will indeed go bang if you are processing
it at such a speed that Word cannot catch up with itself: Find/Replace is
one mechanism that does this.

Cheers

On 28/06/08 7:14 AM, in article 270620081444518536%a...@ifyouneedit.com,
"Slipface" <a...@ifyouneedit.com> wrote:

John

Jul 1, 2008, 3:13:00 AM7/1/08
I have exactly the same issue as the original poster. Find and Replace works
fine once but the second time I use it Word crashes. There is something amiss
because in desperation I have now edited the document using Word for Windows
2003 and there is no issue at all, I can find/replace all day with no crash.
There are a number of tables etc in the document but really it is not that
large or complex. Every time it has crashed I have sent the debug output to
MS so hope that helps. I am running Word 12.1.1 and MacOS X 10.5.2.

kyu...@officeformac.com

Jul 1, 2008, 3:24:58 AM7/1/08
Bob Jones's suggestion of <http://word.mvps.org/mac/Diagnose.html> worked for me. My problem was the disk permissions (http://word.mvps.org/mac/DiskIssues.html).

After running that utility, everything worked fine for a while, then I had trouble again. I ran the disk utility again, and again I was fine. After a few iterations, things seem to be normal, knock on wood.

CyberTaz

Jul 1, 2008, 6:21:20 AM7/1/08
You claim to have the same problem but you don't clam to have tried the same
suggestion - which seems to have worked for the OP. If the solution doesn't
work for you your problem must be a *different* one, so post a NEW message
giving all particulars rather than tacking a "me too" onto another thread.

Someone may be able to offer an alternative approach based on your specific
situation, but they can't do so unless they know what that situation is:-)
Be sure to include what does/doesn't happen as a result of following the
previous suggestions.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/1/08 3:13 AM, in article
F5949DF9-1DCB-4A36...@microsoft.com, "John"

CyberTaz

Jul 1, 2008, 6:26:40 AM7/1/08
Hello again -

Repairing permissions is not a one time thing:-) Every time you update or
install anything - especially updates from Apple or other complex software -
permissions are likely to change. Running the utility should be a follow-up
to any such update or install.

If permissions are repeatedly getting out of whack you might also run the
Verify Disk feature in the same utility. If you find any errors follow the
instructions in Disk Utility Help if you aren't familiar with it.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/1/08 3:24 AM, in article 59b51...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

CyberTaz

Jul 1, 2008, 6:42:54 AM7/1/08
Hello Patricio -

I'm not *heavy* user of F&R nor do I mean to contradict your findings, but
just for additional information:

I've had the same positive experience as John McGhie reported - essentially
F&R works consistently as advertised. In fact, I just ran about 20
consecutive operations using the same keystrokes you're having the problem
with. Every occurrence went without a hitch. [Although I am currently in
10.5.3 on an Intel MBP, but I don't recall having any such issues on my G5
It's still running 10.4.11 & I'll try on it this evening.]

I can't help but wonder if the focus issue isn't OS related. The application
doesn't do anything but define the dialog window as modal & present it. I'm
not sure, but I tend to think it's the job of the OS to not allow the focus
to shift while such a dialog is displayed. Have you pursued it from that
direction?

Additionally, what happens if you use esc to close the dialog rather than
Command+W? What happens if you click in the document window while the F&R
dialog is displayed?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/27/08 11:53 AM, in article
4e44870f-1eac-47c7...@34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com,

etc...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2008, 12:14:08 PM7/1/08
On Jul 1, 6:42 am, CyberTaz <onlygeneralt...@com.cast.net> wrote:
> Hello Patricio -
>
> I'm not *heavy* user of F&R nor do I mean to contradict your findings, but

But you will anyway. :-D

> I've had the same positive experience as John McGhie reported - essentially
> F&R works consistently as advertised.

I said randomly. Random events are, well, random. ;-)

> I can't help but wonder if the focus issue isn't OS related.

If it is, it involves both Tiger and Leopard (and only Word 2008).

> not sure, but I tend to think it's the job of the OS to not allow the focus
> to shift while such a dialog is displayed. Have you pursued it from that
> direction?

Since out of the fairly wide array of applications I run I've only
seen this happen in Word 2008, that's not what my instincts would tell
me to pursue.

> Additionally, what happens if you use esc to close the dialog rather than
> Command+W?

I'll let you know next time I'm using Word 2008, which I can't afford
to do too often lest my work suffer.

> What happens if you click in the document window while the F&R dialog is displayed?

The usual, that's not an issue.

Patricio Mason
Santiago, Chile

etc...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2008, 5:42:43 PM7/2/08
On Jul 1, 12:14 pm, etcs...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 1, 6:42 am, CyberTaz <onlygeneralt...@com.cast.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello Patricio -
>
> > I'm not *heavy* user of F&R nor do I mean to contradict your findings, but

Bob,

It's happened again -the funny Find & Replace window stuff- but this
time I took a snapshot. You can see it here: http://www.ics.cl/icsweb/movs/.
It also contains a snapshot I took yesterday of a Tools menu going
south, something else I'm keeping an eye on.

And no, it's not a put-on.

Patricio Mason
Santiago, Chile

kyu...@officeformac.com

Jul 2, 2008, 7:36:55 PM7/2/08
I have also noticed infrequent occurrences where Word refuses to replace some or all of items in a document, yet when I shift from the replace screen to the find screen (without changing the fields), it finds the item.

John McGhie

Jul 3, 2008, 6:51:15 AM7/3/08
Hi Patricio:

Command + A? To Repeat Find?

I would be disappointed if it did NOT Select All. I must have missed
something, but Command + A is the default assignment for Select All.

Repeat Find is F4?

Cheers

On 3/07/08 7:12 AM, in article
0f4aa711-4902-44af...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
"etc...@gmail.com" <etc...@gmail.com> wrote:

CyberTaz

Jul 3, 2008, 7:13:32 AM7/3/08
Hi John -

On 7/3/08 6:51 AM, in article C492E53B.16B60%jo...@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
<jo...@mcghie.name> wrote:

> Hi Patricio:
>
> Command + A? To Repeat Find?
>
> I would be disappointed if it did NOT Select All. I must have missed
> something, but Command + A is the default assignment for Select All.
>
> Repeat Find is F4?
>
> Cheers

Not to Repeat a Find...

He means -while- the F&R dialog is displayed in the foreground - Cmd+A is
supposed to "switch" it's assignment to Replace All instead of Select All.

I've experienced it *once* in some of the testing I've been doing, so I have
confirmed what he's reporting but I haven't been able to determine what
caused it nor can I force it to occur. I'm trying to construct a bug report,
but it's one of those vaporous issues that makes it hard to formulate any
"steps to reproduce" - without which bugging won't get much attention:-(

etc...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2008, 10:25:03 AM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 6:51 am, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
> Hi Patricio:
>
> Command + A?  To Repeat Find?
>
> I would be disappointed if it did NOT Select All.  I must have missed
> something, but Command + A is the default assignment for Select All.

To quote myself: "...so that pressing Command-A to Replace All does a
Select All in the document window instead".

With the Find and Replace window frontmost, Command-A is the shortcut
for "Replace All", not a default assignment for "Select All".

Try it sometime, you'll like it.

Patricio Mason
Santiago, Chile

etc...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2008, 10:42:04 AM7/3/08
On Jul 3, 7:13 am, CyberTaz <onlygeneralt...@com.cast.net> wrote:

> I've experienced it *once* in some of the testing I've been doing,

That sounds like a seriously corrupted document! :-D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

>so I have confirmed what he's reporting but I haven't been able to determine what
> caused it nor can I force it to occur. I'm trying to construct a bug report,
> but it's one of those vaporous issues that makes it hard to formulate any
> "steps to reproduce" - without which bugging won't get much attention:-(

Good to know I wasn't seeing things, after all. As I said when I said
"randomly", I too haven't been able to discern a pattern yet.

But wait, this is not all. It gets better:

Typically after a global Find and Replace, certain key combinations
will randomly become unresponsive. These include the arrow, modifier
(Command, Option, Shift, Control), Page Up/Page Down, and Home/End
keys. Pressing combinations of these (such as Shift-Command-Arrow key
or Command-Home) does nothing at all. Keys such as Option and Shift
still work in combination with letter keys, however.

Command-F works, for example. In fact, bringing the Find window to the
front clears the problem and all the above keys become responsive
again -until the next Find and Replace. Qutiing and restarting Word
will clear the problem for a good while, but it eventually comes back.

I first noticed this behavior a few weeeks ago when working on a
complex, 99-page document full of graphics, charts and tables, so I
chalked it up to that and/or to some setting that needed tweaking. But
my work was suffering, so instead of investigating further I just went
back to Word 2004 to complete my work. However, I have since seen the
same problem with harmless, two-page documents containing nothing but
text.

I have tried:

1. Removing both the 2004 and 2008 Normal templates to the desktop so
Word can create a brand-new Normal template.
2. Trashing com.microsoft.office.plist and com.microsoft.Word.plist.
3. Removing Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist from the Office 2008
folder (which curiously enough didn't get recreated).
4. Working on .doc and .docx versions of the same document.
5. Doing a Find and Replace on several other unrelated documents,
which produces the same results.

I do not have a bad keyboard. If I switch to any other open
application, these key combinations work. Switch back to Word, and
they don't.

Patricio Mason
Santiago, Chile

Chris Kuhn

Jul 3, 2008, 11:24:33 AM7/3/08
to CyberTaz
This sounds very similar to the problem I have been having with the "compare
documents" function. On some documents, it will crash Word.

I don't doubt it may be caused by a corrupt document.

How do I fix a corrupt document?

[Sorry, if I missed it in an earlier post. I did a search in Entourage on
"corrupt" and found nothing.]

Chris Kuhn

On 7/1/08 6:21 AM, in article C48F7D60.3E397%onlygen...@com.cast.net,

John McGhie

Jul 4, 2008, 6:23:40 AM7/4/08
Nup! I use F4, Command + A Selects all :-)

On 3/07/08 11:55 PM, in article
638f3dd1-c1a9-4c0b...@34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com,
"etc...@gmail.com" <etc...@gmail.com> wrote:

etc...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2008, 10:34:04 AM7/4/08
On Jul 4, 6:23 am, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
> Nup!  I use F4, Command + A Selects all :-)

You can customize your keyboard shortcuts any way you like, but that
doesn't mean that everyone else is using the same key assignments.
Furthermore, under Apple GUI guidelines Command-All is not the default
for "Select All"; it's the default for "All', whatever it happens to
be. Example: in Word's own Accept or Reject Tracked Changes window,
Command-All is the shorcut for "Accept All" --and so on and so forth.

With a modal window frontmost set to accept "Command-All" as a shorcut
for an action specific to it, there is no reason (and no precedent)
for "Command-All" to trigger another action in the window underneath.

"Command-All" has worked as advertised through many iterations of
Word; it doesn't in Word 2008. In other words, it's a -gasp- bug.

Patricio Mason
Santiago, Chile

CyberTaz

Jul 4, 2008, 11:35:59 AM7/4/08
Hey John -

On 7/4/08 6:23 AM, in article C4943044.16BD6%jo...@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
<jo...@mcghie.name> wrote:

> Nup! I use F4, Command + A Selects all :-)

I've got to side with Patricio on this one:-), especially since Apple
commandeered F4 as an Exposč operator. But even if that weren't the case:

By default F4 in Mac Word is associated with the EditPaste command, so you
may very well have reassigned it somewhere along the line [or perhaps you've
been dabbling a bit too much on the Dark Side lately?]. SHIFT+F4 is assigned
to RepeatFind but only works when the Find & Replace dialog is not
displayed. It doesn't call up the F&R window, either, but repeats/continues
the last Find performed... the equivalent of the Browse Object button's
operation to Find Next.

Daiya Mitchell

Jul 9, 2008, 12:36:57 PM7/9/08
Chris, that is not a similar problem at all. Compare Documents is
totally different from Find and Replace. To think that because Word
crashes in both instances makes it a similar problem is kinda like
saying two people are identical because they both live in the United States.

Corrupt doc fixes:
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DocumentCorruption.html

Joh...@officeformac.com

Jul 10, 2008, 4:52:03 PM7/10/08
Back to the original post and the first few replies.

I'm using MacOffice 2008 on an iMac (PowerPC G5, Leopard [10.5.2]).

I have been experiencing exactly the same crashing phenomenon after running a Search + Replace command in a long (200+ page) document containing only text. This problem is NOT isolated and not unique to documents containing tables or graphics.

Whether the issue relates to OSX or to Word 2008, I find myself kind of lost here. Everyone but me seems to be an expert user. I am not an expert user, and I find it terribly difficult to locate solutions that my minimal competence allows me to try.

- If my document is corrupt, how do I fix it (permanently)?
- If the problem relates to OSX or Spaces, how do I prevent crashes in the future.

I will be happy to try the solutions proposed here and report back.

kyu...@officeformac.com

Jul 10, 2008, 4:58:43 PM7/10/08
John S,

So did you try <http://word.mvps.org/mac/Diagnose.html> as suggested?

John McGhie

Jul 10, 2008, 11:46:01 PM7/10/08
Hi John:

Send me a copy of that document to jo...@mcghie.name and let me have a look
at it. Before advising you, I want to see what's wrong with it.

Cheers

On 11/07/08 4:52 AM, in article 59b51...@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Joh...@officeformac.com" <Joh...@officeformac.com> wrote:

AH

Sep 25, 2008, 1:58:08 PM9/25/08
I need help on this too! Installed Office 2007 on DELL PC and crashes every
time I use "find" function in Word, whether the doc is a ".doc" or ".docx."
WTF?! I can't get any work done!

"kyu...@officeformac.com" wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> I can usually use either find or replace once. The next time I try it, Word crashes. Frequently, the find and replace functions don't work, as they report nothing found, but when Word restarts after the crash, I find it.
>
> My guess is that the tables have something to do with it.
>
> Really frustrating. Is Microsoft working on a fix for this? (It would be nice if they allowed the search window to float while as well. Having to close it, fix the document, then open it again is really tedious.)
>
> A possible work-around is to use the find function to find each instance of the target. Then close the search window, do the replace, and open the search window again. I have successfully used that technique.

Gary Goldberg

Sep 25, 2008, 4:31:01 PM9/25/08
You need to ask this question in a PC newsgroup devoted to Word
problems. This is a Mac group.

In article <02FD211E-03B9-4112...@microsoft.com>,

mari...@sohu.com

Feb 2, 2018, 9:55:10 AM2/2/18
I did not know there are "google groups" before.

Searching "word freezes when 'find and replace'" leads me here.

Searching "not responding when..." would lead to many results about "not working..."

And I notice this thread is 9 years old. Since I have got here, and am able to post a reply, then I'll do it -- I'll write a reply. For no sufficient reason. I have been working with the MSWord for a whole day today, probably more than 12 hours; my mind is fuzzy now. I think I am on the brink of crashing but it seems now that the MSWord does it first (ahead of me) - Does that make sense -- I was working very long hours yesterday, too. The job is finished. -- Well, nearly. It is 99.9% finished, I'd say. That is when MSWord crashes. Just like in the Marathon story. If it crashed a little earlier, I would be... (is there a word a little slighter than "damned"???)

What is the reason for the crash? I think that would be very hard to find out. I'll provide peripheral information now as much as I can. I was dabbling with the vba code, on a "try and modify" basis. Looked up some examples on the Internet. Frequently consulted the Help page. And recorded one or two Macros and then re-use them. (Which remind me, those Macros are not deleted yet. They are now in the Normal template. Maybe deleting them can solve the crashing problem???)

More peripheral information. The crash also happens approximately the same time when my C: drive turns red. I installed Visual Studio and haven't used that program yet, not once. And I don't know how to program yet! The Alt+F11 interface is much easier to start, isn't it... Then I want more and that is why installing Visual Studio. It's several G (more than one) in size. It is huge. My C drive is now red.

With the vba code sometimes I am not sure what it does (because of the recorded ones). I don't know what "matchbyte" means in the recorded find and replace. In the above other comments in this thread (I haven't finished reading; been two days intensively fixing my eyes on the texts, can not do no more...) but in the above, someone says "corrupted document" and "problematic tables". So I tried opening anther small sized Word Document without tables --- oops, it is still a table... I tried find and replace again but before I click on the "execute" button (the magnifying glass icon), I clicked on the "option" instead. I de-selected "highlight all" and de-selected "matchbytes" in the option tab. After that I clicked on "set as default" when actually, I intended to "load default" but there is no such option! Thought the default options would be safer...

What else? -- I am forgetting while typing. I am exhausted. --- Oh, right. I restarted my computer. After restarting, the problem sustains (I mean, persists? ... survives? No that can't be right.) That'll be all, with the "peripheral information." I am freeing some space on the C drive by uninstalling some programs. Going to reinstall on another drive. The crashing problem -- I'll try looking for a solution another day. Today is friday. Happy weekend to all who stumble upon this post -- if any, and don't forget deleting the macros (restoring the Normal template! ... that is a reminder to myself... OK... Enough... Signing off...