copy-paste oddness

davidwb

Feb 22, 2007, 8:28:30 PM2/22/07
I’ve been using Mac:Office for years and suddenly developed a
copy/paste problem on my computer at work. If I copy text, start up
Word, and attempt to paste, the data isn’t pasted into Word. I can
start up other (non-Office) applications and paste the text, but not
Word. However, if Word is already running when I copy the text, I can
paste it into Word. Any ideas?

Elliott Roper

Feb 22, 2007, 9:22:11 PM2/22/07
In article <45de4342$0$5804$4c36...@roadrunner.com>, davidwb
<dav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Išve been using Mac:Office for years and suddenly developed a

> copy/paste problem on my computer at work. If I copy text, start up

> Word, and attempt to paste, the data isnšt pasted into Word. I can

> start up other (non-Office) applications and paste the text, but not
> Word. However, if Word is already running when I copy the text, I can
> paste it into Word. Any ideas?

Have you added any macros to Normal or your startup add-in (global
template) recently? Could one of them be clearing the clipboard or

A simple test would be to ask finder to show clipboard before and after
starting Word.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248