position comment

Harvey Waxman

Mar 14, 2002, 7:55:48 AM3/14/02
Is there a way to have comments appear in a location I select? I can move
them as I edit but they snap back to where they want to be during use.
--
Harvey Waxman DMD
Wickford, RI

J.E.McGimpsey

Mar 14, 2002, 4:09:02 PM3/14/02
When Comments are hidden, their pop-ups always occur in the default location
when you cursor over the cell. But you can set where they appear when you
choose Show Comment. If you're not familiar with working with comments,
here's something to help get you (or anyone else) started:

Public Sub tryComment()
On Error Resume Next
Worksheets(1).Range("E5").Comment.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Worksheets(1).Range("E5").AddComment "test"
With Worksheets(1).Range("E5").Comment
.Visible = False
With .Shape
.Top = 250
.Height = 100
.Left = 90
With .TextFrame
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.VerticalAlignment = xlCenter
End With
With .Fill
.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 49
End With
With .Line
.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
End With
End With
.Visible = True
End With
End Sub

On 3/14/02 05:55, in article
hwaxman-69D04C...@msnews.microsoft.com, "Harvey Waxman"
<hwa...@cox.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to have comments appear in a location I select? I can move
> them as I edit but they snap back to where they want to be during use.

--
Office/Mac MVP
Email Address ROT-13 Encoded. Decode for real address.