Issues with Entourage: deleting mail

Emile...@officeformac.com

Apr 29, 2009, 11:39:27 AM4/29/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

OK. With the help of some of you, I have moved TB to Entourage. Bit now, I have run into a surprise and cannot find the solution in the Preferences section or in the Accounts section: Every mail program I have ever used (Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, TB) whenever I wanted to delete a message, I highlight it on the screen and click delete or press the delete key. Once the message is deleted, the highlight moves DOWN to the next message. I f I want to delete that one I just repeat the operation, and so on.

Well, on Entourage, it seems that the opposite happens. If I delete a message, the next message to be highlighted is the one ABOVE the message just deleted.

I usually viw my message beginning with the most recent on top and the oldest at the bottom of the list. I tried reversing the process and the same happened. I looked in preferences and accounts and couuld find anything obvious.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks.

Emile

Diane Ross

Apr 29, 2009, 10:04:38 PM4/29/09
A lot depends on the view you are using. There are shortcuts that go to the
next unread message. In 3 pane view you can just use the space bar to go to
the next message. In preferences you can select how long before a message is
marked as read.

OPTION+COMMAND (Apple)+[ Delete the current message and display the

====
OPTION+Command (Apple)+] Delete the current message and display the next
message.

====
CTRL+OPTION+[ Delete the current message and display the previous unread
message.

====
CTRL+OPTION+] Delete the current message and display the next unread
Message.

Starting with Entourage 2004 you can use "3 pane view".
<http://tinyurl.com/434op9> Check out the custom arrangements on the page
too. You'll find this view has more flexibility than preview pane below.

I use the space bar to view messages. I often will not delete until I have
finished a folder, then I select all and delete or nuke (especially if it's
spam).

You can also use the arrow down/up to go to next message.

Nuke Messages:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/scripts/Nuke.zip>

--
Diane

Edi...@officeformac.com

May 17, 2009, 4:47:49 AM5/17/09
Did you solve this problem? I have the same issue and cannot follow the options provided in the reply.