Entourage unable to move emails processed by rules - Error: -18000

Nick Peirson

Apr 13, 2010, 4:06:03 AM4/13/10
I'm experiencing a problem where entourage returns and error say it's
unable to move a message, reporting it as error -18000.

The only mention of this I could find online is this discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/browse_thread/thread/eca60b8127055649/1debe8af71eff9e3?lnk=gst

From that discussion I followed the suggestion to rebuild the
database, however I'm still getting the error. The slight difference
I'm seeing between that previous discussion and my setup is that
Entourage is throwing the error when it's processing rules, however
I'm assuming it's the underlying mechanism to move the emails that's
causing the problem, rather than the rules processing or junk email
filter itself.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

Nick Peirson

Apr 22, 2010, 4:00:01 AM4/22/10
On Apr 13, 9:06 am, Nick Peirson <nickpeir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm experiencing a problem where entourage returns and error say it's
> unable to move a message, reporting it as error -18000.
>
> The only mention of this I could find online is this discussion:http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/...

So switching to a new identity didn't seem to solve the problem, but
emptying my cache does seem to have solved it. The problem was
intermittent however, so it might just be that it's not reoccurred,
but I thought I'd post this as a possible solution in case anyone else
is having the same problem.

To empty your cache, right click on the inbox of your exchange
account, click folder properties, then click on the "Empty" button in
the general tab.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers
Nick