Entourage print sent messages with list of attached documents

orlando_l.@officeformac.com

Oct 5, 2009, 4:14:04 PM10/5/09
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I have searching on the forums and the web, for an instruction or guide on how to enable Entourage when printing my sent messages which have attached files to it, to include this list after the message header (like every other email app)

I was pointed to a script created by Paul Berkowitz, and I installed it, nonetheless it puts a line with the name of the attached files, but at the bottom of the last page of the e-mail.

I usually only need to print the first page of my sent e-mail, therefore it doesn't helps me.

Anybody knows of a workaround or a how-to on this?

thanks,

orlando_l.@officeformac.com

Oct 5, 2009, 4:18:39 PM10/5/09
To add to my previous post:

I have noticed that this issue which doesn't includes the list of attached files, is also happening with messages that have been sent to me. (Sometimes these are reflected and on other isn't)

thanks,

William Smith [MVP]

Oct 7, 2009, 1:21:19 PM10/7/09
orlando_l.@officeformac.com wrote:

> I have searching on the forums and the web, for an instruction or
> guide on how to enable Entourage when printing my sent messages which
> have attached files to it, to include this list after the message
> header (like every other email app)

Like every other email app?

The standard behavior I've seen is to print images inline with the text
as you'd see them displayed when viewing the message. I've checked both
Thunderbird and Apple's Mail application and see no way to even print
just a references to the attachments instead of the attachments themselves.

Granted, I may have missed a preference for setting this, but this is
certainly not those applications' default behavior.

> I was pointed to a script created by Paul Berkowitz, and I installed
> it, nonetheless it puts a line with the name of the attached files,
> but at the bottom of the last page of the e-mail.
>
> I usually only need to print the first page of my sent e-mail,
> therefore it doesn't helps me.
>
> Anybody knows of a workaround or a how-to on this?

You can modify Paul's script, which is freely available for download
<http://scriptbuilders.net/files/printmessagewattachx1.0.2.html>. Locate
the script you installed and double-click it to open it in the
AppleScript Editor application. Change these two lines:

Change:

set newContent to theContent & return & return & return &
attachmentText & return

to:

set newContent to attachmentText & return & return & return &
theContent & return

Change:

print newMsg

to:

print newMsg with properties {starting page:1, ending page:1}

Hope this helps!

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>

orlando_l.@officeformac.com

Oct 7, 2009, 3:42:18 PM10/7/09
> orlando_l.@officeformac.com wrote:
>
> > I have searching on the forums and the web, for an instruction or
> > guide on how to enable Entourage when printing my sent messages which
> > have attached files to it, to include this list after the message
> > header (like every other email app)
>
> Like every other email app?
>
> The standard behavior I've seen is to print images inline with the text
> as you'd see them displayed when viewing the message. I've checked both
> Thunderbird and Apple's Mail application and see no way to even print
> just a references to the attachments instead of the attachments themselves.
>
> Granted, I may have missed a preference for setting this, but this is
> certainly not those applications' default behavior.
>
> > I was pointed to a script created by Paul Berkowitz, and I installed
> > it, nonetheless it puts a line with the name of the attached files,
> > but at the bottom of the last page of the e-mail.
> >
> > I usually only need to print the first page of my sent e-mail,
> > therefore it doesn't helps me.
> >
> > Anybody knows of a workaround or a how-to on this?
>
> You can modify Paul's script, which is freely available for download
> . Locate
> the script you installed and double-click it to open it in the
> AppleScript Editor application. Change these two lines:
>
> Change:
>
> set newContent to theContent & return & return & return &
> attachmentText & return
>
> to:
>
> set newContent to attachmentText & return & return & return &
> theContent & return
>
> Change:
>
> print newMsg
>
> to:
>
> print newMsg with properties {starting page:1, ending page:1}
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> --
>
> bill
>
> Entourage Help Page
> Entourage Help Blog
> YouTalk
> Twitter: follow

Excellent! Thanks for your recommendation. The modification of the script worked perfect!