Exchange Folders Not Sync'ing

Justin

Jan 30, 2009, 4:51:29 PM1/30/09
I searched through the archives and did not find a solution to this
problem.

I currently have an issue with Entourage 12.1.5 not syncing back to
the Exchange server correctly. It appears if I drag an email to a
subfolder, it gets moved okay on the server side. However, if I delete
an email, it does not get moved to the Deleted Items folder on the
Exchange server. Also, I have noticed that emails sent on the Exchange
server (using Outlook or OWA) do not appear in the Sent Items folder
in Entourage. Also, emails I sent from Entourage do not show up on
the Exchange side.

The problems seems to have started about the time I upgraded to Office
2008. I have been using Entourage with my corporate Exchange account
for over a year and I have not changed any settings (until I started
trying to fix this issue). I am using an "on net" Exchange server. I
connect through a VPN as I am a remote employee. I get the same
results from any location through which I VPN in.

This nagging problem is really frustrating so I would appreciate any
help that could be offered.

Thanks,
-Justin

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Jan 30, 2009, 5:07:21 PM1/30/09
Justin <jry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently have an issue with Entourage 12.1.5 not syncing back to
> the Exchange server correctly. It appears if I drag an email to a
> subfolder, it gets moved okay on the server side. However, if I delete
> an email, it does not get moved to the Deleted Items folder on the
> Exchange server.

You can select the folders you want and use Sync Now from the contextual
menu. If the problem persists, it might t be time to delete the Exchange
cache altogether and let Entourage re-create it fresh from the server
:-\

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

ken...@officeformac.com

Jan 30, 2009, 5:08:34 PM1/30/09
Posted pretty much the same question yesterday, so you're not alone. No response yet, however...

-- Ken

ken...@officeformac.com

Jan 30, 2009, 6:51:22 PM1/30/09
Tried Justin's solution. Deleted the cache on the Inbox folder. No change. Deleted the cache on the entire Exchange inbox. No change. Deleting items in Entourage simply doesn't delete them on Exchange. New mail shows up just fine in Entourage. Moving items to new folders in Entourage causes them to show up in the new folder in Exchange, but it doesn't remove the item from the Inbox in Exchange.

Any ideas what's up? This is new behavior, and is quite frustrating. -- Ken

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Jan 31, 2009, 3:04:18 PM1/31/09
<ken...@officeformac.com> wrote:

Did you try rebuilding your Identity (launch Entourage pressing the alt
key down)?

ma...@officeformac.com

Feb 3, 2009, 7:30:17 PM2/3/09
I'm pretty much having the same problem, except I made things worse.

1. Friday, my inbox stopped syncing. Came in Monday and nothing new in entourage in just the inbox since friday. Really strange. Works fine in webmail/windows outlook.

2. Realized that sub-folders were still getting email. Huh.

3. Try to force sync now several times, no luck.

4. Completely close/shutdown/etc. no luck.

5. Try toggling between offline/online mode. no luck.

6. Check all my rules (I don't have any in entourage) nothing.

7. My blackberry works fine. WHY oh WHY won't my mac.

8. Hold down Alt, and check the database integrity.

9. It reports errors. OK, that must be it. Time to repair.

10. Let the repair run through for 2 hours.

11. Hopeful that things are fixed, start outlook back up. Nope. Everything is screwed up. Tons of what used to be emails now appear as nested folders below my inbox, and even in my calendar. Oh no.

12. Look at my calendar. It seems OK on entourage.

13. Look at my calendar from outlook and webmail directly on the exchange server. Completely blank !!! All appointments deleted.

14. Start getting new meeting invites from people because they think I have time on my calendar.

I've now wasted hours on this and have lost hundreds of calendar appointments from the exchange server. I start to try and research how to force my entourage calendar back to exchange. Find one item copy all calendar entries to local folder and back. This isn't working for me... so trying to solve the original problem in the hopes I can get things back in working order.

So very disappointing. To make it worse, my inbox still doesn't sync at all!

Any thoughts on what to try?

adr...@officeformac.com

Feb 12, 2009, 5:10:43 PM2/12/09
I just started having the same / similar problem. Entourage will see new emails from the server, and will make changes (moving, deleting, etc.) if those changes are made in a different Exchange client (tried Outlook, OWA, and my iPhone). But, changes made in Entrourage (deleting items and moving emails) don't sync back to the server.

I have emptied the cache and rebuilt the database, it still exhibits the sync issue.

Discostew

Feb 22, 2009, 7:43:59 PM2/22/09
On Feb 12, 2:10 pm, adr...@officeformac.com wrote:
> I just started having the same / similar problem. Entourage will see new emails from the server, and will make changes (moving, deleting, etc.) if those changes are made in a different Exchange client (tried Outlook, OWA, and my iPhone). But, changes made in Entrourage (deleting items and moving emails) don't sync back to the server.
>
> I have emptied the cache and rebuilt the database, it still exhibits the sync issue.

I have 2 Entourage users (12.1.5) reporting this same issue. New mail
is received and can be sent from Entourage, but changes made (filing
mail, deleting, etc..) are not synced from Entourage back up to the
Exchange server (Exchange 2007 SP1 w/rollup 6).

I'm probably going to open a case with MS tomorrow morning and will
post anything I find out though I imagine the answer is going to be
'delete and recreate the Entourage profile'... *sigh*

robo...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2009, 11:18:46 AM2/25/09

Does anyone have a fix for that? Anything from Microsoft/Apple?