Junk e-mail block senders list

CrossCRX

Apr 25, 2009, 11:00:01 AM4/25/09
How do I add a group of e-mails to the block senders list? Highlighting one
message at a time takes for ever.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 25, 2009, 2:32:38 PM4/25/09
You might try...

Top 30 Windows Live Hotmail Help Topics for Mail and Settings:
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!5828.entry

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx

Windows Live Hotmail Support FAQ - 20 Mar-09
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/supportmgr/archive/2009/03/20/march-09-live-hotmail-support-faq.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

VanguardLH

Apr 25, 2009, 2:59:59 PM4/25/09
CrossCRX wrote:

> How do I add a group of e-mails to the block senders list? Highlighting one
> message at a time takes for ever.

Are the senders of these unwanted e-mails *always* using the same e-mail
address? Or are you trying to futilely employ this block list against
spam e-mails? Spammers don't use their own e-mail address. The bogus
or usurped e-mail address that they do use will change every time they
squeeze out another load of their crap. You using a blocked senders
list based on whatever e-mail address they happened to use in a
particular spew of their vomit makes them laugh.

<Ding dong>
<You open the door>
Them: "Hello. I'm John. I'm here to sell brushes."
You: "No thanks. Bye."
<Close door>
<You add John to your list of blocked doorbell pushers>
<Ding dong>
Them: "Hi there. I'm Jo..., er, Mark. I'm selling encyclopedias."
You: "Aren't your John?"
Them: "No, I'm Mark. Want to buy a sampler book?"
You: "No thanks. Bye."
<You add Mark to your block list?
<Ding dong>
Them: "Gud'day, mate. Jack's the name. Selling siding's my game."
You: "Um, aren't you Mark that was John?"
Them: "Naw, bloody untrue. I've have a deal but only good t'day."
You: "No thanks. Bye."
<You add Jack to your block list>
<Ding dong>
Them (in falsetto): "Hi, I'm Mary. Want to buy some cosmetics?"
You: "Okay, you're Mark, er John or whatever, wearing a wig!"
Them (in falsetto): "No need to insult me because I have a manly face."
You: "No soliciting here. Goodbye."
<You add them to your list>
<Ding dong>
<Here you again, and again, and again>

The circus continues because your list blocks on name (e-mail address)
which they change every time they visit your door (mailbox). Blocking
spam based on e-mail address is stupid. It doesn't work. It can't
work. It won't work. Only if the boob always uses the same e-mail
address will blocking them on that criteria work to eliminating seeing
their e-mails. Even neophyte spammers are a bane but they aren't boobs.

...winston

Apr 25, 2009, 4:17:58 PM4/25/09
If Hotmail, one at a time is all that's available for *both* methods...message selection or the alternate method via the Options
menu.

Fyi...since spammers forge headers including use of the recipient address as the sender, you may end up blocking your own email
address.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail