IIS 6 - ASP.NET - AppPool Crashing

AA

Aug 2, 2005, 5:29:29 PM8/2/05
This seems to be an issue out there that really doesn't have much of an
answer. I am working with a client on this issue. The server is
currently running Windows 2003 (no service pack). Active Directory,
DNS, DHCP, etc are running on this system as well. The server was
originally Windows 2000 SP4. Somewhere along the way (during the
upgrade or promoting), .NET is messed up. After days of working on this
issue, it boils down to this:

I have a simple page with one line of html, and the page has an aspx
extension. That page will display, ONLY IF it lives in the wwwroot
directory. If I put it in a new virtual directory, or change the home
directory of Default Web Site, it will not display, and I get the
errors as many others have encountered:

---------------------------------------
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1009
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated
unexpectedly. The process id was '6500'. The process exit code was
'0x80131506'.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.573-
w3wp.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has
generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x1a78 (6776), Thread id=0x1a8c (6796).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application..

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011

A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal
communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The
process id was '7964'. The data field contains the error number.

Data:
0000: 6d 00 07 80 m..?

The HTTPERR.log contains the following:
2005-08-02 20:21:51 111.11.11.1 3069 111.11.11.1 80 HTTP/1.1 GET
/dotnet.aspx - 1 Connection_Abandoned_By_AppPool

I ran IISState, and didn't see anything that helps in the output.

Anyone have any ideas why this simple little page works in WWWRoot, and
nowhere else?

David Wang [Msft]

Aug 3, 2005, 3:37:37 AM8/3/05
Actually, I have never seen anyone report your error code when crashing an
AppPool, so your issue is unlike what most others have reported.

What is the version of the .Net Framework that is configured to run on the
wwwroot directory, and what version is configured to run everywhere else?
For the virtual directory that works and the one that doesn't work, look up
the Application Mapping for .aspx and tell me the .Net Framework version of
the corresponding aspnet_isapi.dll .

Error 0x80131506 tells me it is from the .Net Framework and related to the
runtime failing to run.
- highest order bit is set, indicating an error (this is the "8")
- 0x0013 indicates an .Net Framework related error
- 0x1506 is looked up to be COR_E_EXECUTIONENGINE which is related to the
runtime failing to run

--
//David
IIS
"AA" <blues...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

AA

Aug 3, 2005, 11:18:25 AM8/3/05
Hi David -

The version of the ISAPI the .aspx extension is mapped to is v1.1.4322.
The only version of .NET on the system is 1.1. The application mappings
don't seem to be an issue, because if I change the home directory of
Default Web Site to even C:\Inetpub\MyNewDirectory, place the test page
inside the new directory, and reset IIS - it crashes - which really has
me perplexed. At this point, IIS was removed and reinstalled, and the
only thing that exists in Default Web Site is the test page. I have not
attempted re-install of the .NET application they purchased because I
can't get a simple page to work.

I've been through Q812614 & Q332097. Even changed the app pool to run
under System to see if it work work - didn't have any effect. Stopped
any/all virus scanning or security apps. Checked registry permissions
that have been posted in various other conversations by running RegMon
and catching two registry keys that showed Access Denied. Short of
having the client reformat, I'm running out of roads to travel.

I welcome any ideas or things to try.

Thanks,
AA

David Wang [Msft]

Aug 11, 2005, 2:44:15 AM8/11/05
I really do not have any other possible suggestions in mind, other than
contacting Microsoft PSS regarding the issue. Sounds like a bug somewhere in
there, so it should not cost you anything.

--
//David
IIS
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

Aziz Paracha

Aug 11, 2005, 6:06:17 AM8/11/05
Hello Guys:

I can pay for a solution. Please read on.

We are in serious trouble. We are getting the problem that my friend
reported. On our server too ASP.NET causes app pool crash. I struggled a lot
yesterday, searched through google and various gorups for solution but
nothing. I used FileMon, RegMon, changed various permissions, ran app pool
under local rights, etc but nothing helped. We finally reformat and
reinstalled Windows 2003 Standard Edition. Guess what? We again face some
situation. App Pool crashed so many times that IIS finally stops the pool.
In event log we get following:

------

Somebody please help! I am willing to pay reasonable to fix this.

________________
Aziz Paracha

"David Wang [Msft]" <som...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bernard Cheah [MVP]

Aug 11, 2005, 6:12:54 AM8/11/05
Call Microsoft PSS, open a support case with them, they will help you.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

"Aziz Paracha" <az...@hostbreak.com> wrote in message

Aziz Paracha

Aug 11, 2005, 6:15:33 AM8/11/05
I am very new to MS support thing. Can you tell me how to quickly get
support from MS? I am not lazy to search but I want to rely on expert advice
because this problem has taken 222 websites down.

________________
Aziz Paracha

"Bernard Cheah [MVP]" <qber...@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote in message

Aziz Paracha

Aug 11, 2005, 6:53:07 AM8/11/05
Hi:

I think I just fixed the problem. There was actually a website connecting
with MS SQL database. The database connection was unsuccessful due to which
W3WP.exe and ASP.NET was crashing. When I fixed the connection in SQL the
error was gone away.

If you need my further assistance, please feel free to write on new group or
directly email me aziz AT hostbreak.com.

--

________________
Aziz Paracha

David Wang [Msft]

Aug 11, 2005, 4:52:53 PM8/11/05
Actually, I would like to have some details on how to reproduce this because
the behavior does not sound good to me. I'm going to try it out and see if I
can't get a fix of some sort for it -- ASP.Net throwing exceptions because
of invalid connection string value is not acceptable.

--
//David
IIS
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

"Aziz Paracha" <az...@hostbreak.com> wrote in message

Aziz Paracha

Aug 13, 2005, 2:39:20 AM8/13/05
Hello David:

Sorry for late response. I actually don't read newsgroup on regular bases.

I have a site that uses ASP.NET and MS SQL. The database was restored from
another server hence DB owner was changed and user password was also. I
executed an SP to fix db owner but forgot to reset the password. When I
checked customer website it had a blank page. In event viewer I had the two
events; one for ASP.NET and another W3WP.exe crash. When ever I execute page
I get that error in event. Finally when I set password in SQL the error is
gone.

I hope this helps. If you need further info please let me know.

Thanks,
Aziz Paracha

www.hostbreak.com

"David Wang [Msft]" <som...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bernard Cheah [MVP]

Aug 13, 2005, 7:20:44 AM8/13/05
If it's a DB connection issue, the app will complains that DB connection
error, server error, etc. How would this crash the worker process??

"Aziz Paracha" <az...@hostbreak.com> wrote in message

Aziz Paracha

Aug 13, 2005, 8:07:22 AM8/13/05
That's what I was thinking. I actually ran FileMon and RegMon of
SysInternals.com to see what is being done on file system and in registry.
With filemon I see lot of Buffer Overflows and File Not Found errors. I then
installed both tools on my local box and found almost same kind of error
here as well though .NET app run fine here. I then checked various file
permissions on c:\, system32, inetsvr folders. Even ran App pool under
System account. Nothing helped till I fixed SQL.

I am very keen to contribute to reveal mystery. Let me know how I can help.

Aziz Paracha
www.hostbreak.com

tel (us): 1-(813)-600-5691
tel (pk): 92-51-458-2205

www.MachSol.com - BPO Services | www.HostBreak.com - Reliable ISP Services |
www.AffordableStaff.com - Offshore Staffing | www.InTouchCentre.com - Call
Centre Services | www.TheSoftPhone.com - VOIP Services

"Bernard Cheah [MVP]" <qber...@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote in message

R McDannel

Aug 17, 2005, 12:23:26 PM8/17/05
I have similar issues with a SharePoint Portal Server. This server has
4gb RAM, the SQL database resides on another server, there are 5 portals
on the server and SQL Reporting Services. This server has been up and
running for over a year. About a month ago it started having the Pool
crashes with errors such as:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011

Date: 8/17/2005
Time: 10:46:27 AM
User: N/A

A process serving application pool 'MSSharePointPortalAppPool' suffered

a fatal communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service.

The process id was '5776'. The data field contains the error number.

AND

Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp 42435be1,
faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, stamp 424377d2, debug?
0, fault address 0x000224b2.

AND

An error occurred while refreshing the portal application cache

AND

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information

is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2300- Setup Error:
Failed to load resources from resource file

There are other errors as well. Nothing new was added to the server. I
put some debugging tools on the server with no valid results. It quit
for a couple of weeks and now it happens every day and we have to
restart the server.

I would be very interested in any remedies that you discover.

Rick

Julian Hedt

Aug 25, 2005, 7:00:01 PM8/25/05
We are experiencing IIS6.0 Application Pool errors in our test environment
resulting in repeated "Access is denied" errors in our web applications,
identical to the issues described above.

Accumulation of these "Access Denied" errors continue on to cause automatic
shut-down of the application's IIS Application Pool, which in turn causes a
"Service Unavailable" error for all connected clients, effectively stopping
the web application. Recycling the affected AppPool gets the app back on
line without restarting IIS.

Reconfiguring the AppPool>Properties>Health tab to disable "Rapid-Fail
Protection" avoids the "Service Unavailable" error and allows the site to
continue functioning, but the "Access is Denied" errors continue repeatedly.

The problem occurs:
• When multiple users simultaneously access the same aspx page on the
affected web application. The problem does not seem to occur when a single
user accesses the site.
• With no time wise consistency - sometimes the error occurs immediately,
sometimes only after several minutes of successfully calling the web
application and receiving a response.

Our environment is:
• Windows2003 Web and Application server running IIS6.0, ASP.NET v1.1.4322,
with BusinessProcess and DataAccess components registered in COM+, querying
two separate MS SQL 2000 databases.
• The Web/App server is running on a VMware virtual machine, although we
have also seen the errors occur on physical boxes.
• The error never occurs when running on Windows XP Professional (our dev
environment), only on Windows Server 2003. We only discovered the error when
moving the next version of the app to our Win2003 test environment. Does this
seem to indicate some form of permission problem?
• Access to the web application is governed by integrated NT security.
• The COM+ packages are running as library applications. COM+ components
are not installed in the GAC.
• The Application pools for our web app run with the “Network Service”
account.
• Access to the database is through SQL Accounts, not integrated NT
security. The login details are kept in a connection string in the
web.config file.

Our .NET code details:
• There are no exceptions ever thrown by our .NET code - the errors only
occur from within the IIS and COM+ environments - see the event logs below.
• We'd seen the same errors in a previous version of our application, again
only on Windows 2003. In that version we traced the problem to code where a
COM+ registered .NET object was instantiated but never had a method called
(don't know why this would cause an error, let alone only on Win2003). By
removing these unneeded object instantiations the problem disappeared and
that version has run smoothly in production ever since (5+ months).
• But now the error is back in our subsequent version, and we don't have
anywhere that we instantiate a COM+ object without using the object.
• We have sequentially commented out sections of our code to isolate the
offending section, only to discover that the code that seems to cause the
error is identical to the production version code that is running without any
problem.
• Removing the offending lines of code causes the problem to reappear in
another area.
• I'm not sure from the sequence errors in the event log whether the COM+
error or the AppPool error is the cause of the problem.

As part of our problem solving, we have tried:
• Reproducing on different identically configured machines - the problems
have been reproduced in 4 separate Win2003 environments, all of them brand
new Win2003 Server installations on new VM instances.
• Running on an identical configuration on Windows 2000 and WinXP
Professional, on both VM and physical machines – the issue never occurs.
• Adding the "Network Service" Application Pool identity account to the
local Administrators group to ensure that the code has access rights to the
entire registry, as this is something mentioned in several web articles to
avoid the "Access Denied" errors - this had no effect.

Associated errors in the event log are:

1. System log

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011

Date: 25/08/2005
Time: 4:11:20 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MELWCDNET01
A process serving application pool 'PUAWebApplications' suffered a fatal

communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process

id was '3488'. The data field contains the error number.

(Bytes)
0000: 6d 00 07 80 m..€
(Word)
0000: 8007006d

2. Application Log

Event Type: Error
Event Source: COM+
Event Category: (98)
Event ID: 4822
Date: 25/08/2005
Time: 4:11:20 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MELWCDNET01
A condition has occurred that indicates this COM+ application is in an
unstable state or is not functioning correctly. Assertion Failure:
!m_fActivated

Server Application ID: {C6C38ADC-2484-4950-8950-73E467C17EF1}
Server Application Instance ID:
{0F3C39DD-C38C-46C8-8F24-2F91958C5909}
Server Application Name: ProductUsageAuthority
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: d:\nt\com\complus\src\comsvcs\jit\jit.cpp, Line: 93
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4720.130 shp

Any help is appreciated in fixing, and more importantly understanding, this
problem.

--
Julian Hedt
Solution Designer,

David Wang [Msft]

Aug 29, 2005, 6:51:13 AM8/29/05
Your situation is a crash. Read this blog entry and follow instructions.
http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/08/29/HOWTO_Understand_and_Diagnose_an_AppPool_Crash.aspx

Crashes are arbitrary, so just catch it, identify it, locate a
fix/work-around it, and move on. All your other details are pretty
secondary...

--
//David
IIS
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

"R McDannel" <rmcd...@thompsoncoburn.com> wrote in message

David Wang [Msft]

Aug 29, 2005, 7:13:35 AM8/29/05
Actually, your issues do not sound similar to anyone else's question -- not
certain what you think is "identical" about it other than the fact that
something crashed on your server and something crashed on his server. The
crashes look to be very different in nature, so I do not even assume his
solution applies to yours.

Read the following blog entry for a better idea of what is going on:
http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/08/29/HOWTO_Understand_and_Diagnose_an_AppPool_Crash.aspx

In your case, what is happening is that your COM+ application has an error
(unknown right now) and in response, COM+ terminated its host process. Since
it is a Library Application, the host is the caller -- w3wp.exe in your
instance. Thus, IIS notices that w3wp.exe went away for a mysterious reason
and tries to spin it back up -- quickly hitting some issue (probably the
same one) and eventually triggering 503 rapid fail protection after multiple
failures

As I recommend in the blog entry -- you should never apply patches or make
IIS configuration settings without first diagnosing the crash.

In this case, the crash is happening on the COM+ side of things, so all your
IIS configuration changes are naturally useless. Most likely, when you fix
the COM+ issue, the crashes stop happening and things should return to
normal.

Now, the "access is denied" message is a curiousity; I do not think it is a
permissions issue because that would happen all the time, not some of the
time.

I recommend using IIS State or DebugDiag to catch a stack trace when the
failure happens and posting that log here.

I somewhat wonder whether you are seeing an known issue similar to what JET
experiences on Windows Server 2003 because of a COM+ behavior change. COM+
will more actively unload your DLL now, and in JET's case, this can cause a
hang. Maybe in your case it is causing a crash in your COM+ component
instead. The log file from the aforementioned tools will help in this
diagnosis.

As a last resort, you can always contact Microsoft PSS for debugging
assistance.

--

"Julian Hedt" <Julia...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

[...]

Julian Hedt

Sep 5, 2005, 12:03:03 AM9/5/05
OK, we've found a solution to the issue, whose root cause (as David pointed
out in the reply above) we've now clearly identified as a COM+ and not an IIS
issue. Apologies for any confusion caused by posting this under IIS.

Our discovery process was as follows:
1. We disabled transactions on the COM+ packages and the problem immediately
disappeared.
2. After logging a support call with MS they pointed us to the following
article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322630. We re-enabled transactions
on our COM+ packages and applied the relevant <JustInTimeActivation(True)>
attribute to our classes, but the problem remained.
3. Articles such as this one
http://www.biztalkug.com/Newsgroups/framework/75136.aspx hinted at a link
between our COM+ error and the fact that COM+ object disposal may be a
problem.
4. Further searchin led to the following MSDN article
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/entserv.asp,
which provides excellent information on how to implement a .NET class that
derives from EnterpriseServices (unfortunately we only found it very
recently; otherwise we could have saved ourselves a lot of pain). This
article recommends explicitly disposing of COM+ managed instances after each
call when JustInTimeActivation is enabled. Unfortunately most other MSDN
COM+ articles make no mention of this (E.g. articles in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconwritingservicedcomponents.asp?frame=true)
5. We have recoded our application so that all calls to COM+ managed classes
follow this pattern:

Try
Dim obj as New ComPlusComponent()
obj.DoSomething()
Finally
obj.Dispose()
End Try

While this has been a bit of work it has solved the problem, even under very
heavy loads.

Bring on System.Transactions in .NET Framework 2.0 is all I can say...

"David Wang [Msft]" wrote:

> [...]

> error is identical to the production version code that is running without
> any
> problem.

> .. Removing the offending lines of code causes the problem to reappear in
> another area.
> .. I'm not sure from the sequence errors in the event log whether the COM+

> error or the AppPool error is the cause of the problem.
>
> As part of our problem solving, we have tried:

> .. Reproducing on different identically configured machines - the problems

> have been reproduced in 4 separate Win2003 environments, all of them brand
> new Win2003 Server installations on new VM instances.

> .. Running on an identical configuration on Windows 2000 and WinXP

> Professional, on both VM and physical machines - the issue never occurs.

> .. Adding the "Network Service" Application Pool identity account to the

Ashu

Sep 16, 2005, 1:20:01 AM9/16/05
Hi Julian Hedt

I am also facing same problem. Please help me in solving my problem.

We have configured verisign SSL on our web server.Now we are integrating
Payment gateway with our web application. This payment gateway needs openSSL
to be configured on the same web server. Now when i submit the credit card
information , i got error "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE". when i checked the event
viewer it shows me following error.

Application pool 'DefaultAppPool' is being automatically disabled due to
a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information

is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2300- w3wp.exe -

Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has generated an
exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x81c (2076), Thread id=0x900 (2304).

David Wang [Msft]

Sep 17, 2005, 7:11:52 AM9/17/05
I doubt you have the "same problem". Read this URL on how to help yourself
with the diagnosis.

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/08/29/HOWTO_Understand_and_Diagnose_an_AppPool_Crash.aspx

--
//David
IIS
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

"André" <An...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi, I too am having the same issue with IIS 6.0 Crashing.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able
to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET
Runtime version 1.1.4322.2300- Setup Error: Failed to load resources from
resource file

Please check your Setup.

Did anyone find a fix?

David Wang [Msft]

David Wang [Msft]

Sep 17, 2005, 7:12:02 AM9/17/05
I doubt you have the "same problem". Read this URL on how to help yourself
with the diagnosis.

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/08/29/HOWTO_Understand_and_Diagnose_an_AppPool_Crash.aspx

--

//David
IIS
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

"Scott" <Sc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am having this exact same problem on my Windows 2003 Web Edition server
running Cold Fusion and Able Commerce. I need help too.

Thanks,

"André" wrote:

> Hi, I too am having the same issue with IIS 6.0 Crashing.
>

> The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able
> to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET
> Runtime version 1.1.4322.2300- Setup Error: Failed to load resources from
> resource file

jstrgrl

Sep 20, 2005, 5:46:04 PM9/20/05
Did you ever get an answer on how to fix this problem?

chris...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2005, 12:59:00 AM10/11/05

richard xin

Jan 31, 2006, 4:08:25 PM1/31/06
Hi, I have same issue here, I got "Service Unavailable" on IE.
I have bunch of warnings in event log, for example:
A process serving application pool 'AppPool #1' terminated unexpectedly. The
process id was '3552'. The process exit code was '0xffffffff'.
In httperr1.log:
2006-01-31 20:50:03 66.220.10.xxx 1164 66.220.10.xxx 80 HTTP/1.1 GET / 503 1
AppOffline AppPool+#1
2006-01-31 20:50:05 66.220.10.xxx 1165 66.220.10.xxx 80 HTTP/1.1 GET / 503 1
AppOffline AppPool+#1
2006-01-31 20:50:05 66.220.10.xxx 1166 66.220.10.xxx 80 HTTP/1.1 GET / 503 1
AppOffline AppPool+#1
2006-01-31 20:51:39 66.220.10.xxx 1168 66.220.10.xxx 80 HTTP/1.1 GET / 503 1
Disabled AppPool+#1
2006-01-31 20:51:45 66.220.10.xxx 1169 66.220.10.xxx 80 HTTP/1.1 GET / 503 1
Disabled AppPool+#1
2006-01-31 20:53:22 209.101.119.xxx 33418 66.220.10.xxx 80 HTTP/1.1 GET /
503 1 Disabled AppPool+#1
2006-01-31 20:59:02 8.3.35.xxx 1721 66.220.10.xxx 80 HTTP/1.0 GET / 503 1
Disabled AppPool+#1

The server is windows 2003 (64 bit) with DNS on it, I got "Service
Unavailable" even for html files.

Thanks

David Wang [Msft]

Feb 1, 2006, 5:40:51 AM2/1/06
You configured something to run on IIS6 and it is immediately crashing,
causing rapid failure and immediate disablement of the application pool.
Thus, no requests, even html, will be served.

You need to isolate your applications using different application pools if
you wish to avoid this sort of scenario - one error and the whole site goes
down.

You also need to determine what you configured on IIS6 that is crashing and
fix that.

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/08/29/HOWTO_Understand_and_Diagnose_an_AppPool_Crash.aspx

Since it is a crash, you can use tools like DebugDiag to catch and diagnose
the crash to determine a cause and correct course of action.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9bfa49bc-376b-4a54-95aa-73c9156706e7&displaylang=en

--
//David
IIS
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

"richard xin" <fake...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

pranay katta

Jul 24, 2007, 9:47:50 AM7/24/07
What do you mean by disabling transactions no Com+, Even i am working on a
similar issue. How do i disable transactions on COM+ packages.

Mime sweeper is installed on the box thats the only thing integrated with
iis and SQL server

I am also getting the events 1011 in the system event log

event id 1000 in application log with the descriptino below

Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module ntdll.
dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396d0.

By disabling com+ transaction does this have any impact on mime sweeper

Please help me with this

Cheers
Pranay

Pat [MSFT]

Jul 24, 2007, 1:03:08 PM7/24/07
You need to get a thread stack to see what is causing the failure. You can
use a debugger or IISState.

Pat

"pranay katta" <mail2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

David Wang

Jul 24, 2007, 2:57:04 PM7/24/07

You are running something on IIS that is crashing the worker process.
Please read the following blog for next steps:
http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/08/29/HOWTO_Understand_and_Diagnose_an_AppPool_Crash.aspx

The main thing you need to provide is a stack backtrace of the actual
crash itself with a tool like IIS State, DebugDiag, or a debugger
found in the free Microsoft Debugging Toolkit.

Until you have that stack backtrace, you have no chance to figure out
what the correct thing to do. You can only guess.

//David
http://w3-4u.blogspot.com