GetObject() failing in IE7

Naveen

Dec 28, 2006, 4:45:23 AM12/28/06
My script which uses the function GetObject( ) works fine with IE6 and
XP SP2.. but fails in IE7 and vista.. I am getting the error "Automation
server can't create object".
Is it failing because IE7 runs with low privilege? Or do I need to make any
changes in the IE7 internet options? How do I make it work?

Thanks
Naveen

James M. Greene

Jan 30, 2007, 10:25:37 AM1/30/07
I am running into this same issue with the GetObject method, but for
me, it doesn't even work in IE6.
Please reply if you can help us!

~~James

Michael Harris (MVP)

Jan 30, 2007, 7:08:30 PM1/30/07

PRB: Cannot Call GetObject from Script in IE to Access Running Object

"... You cannot use the GetObject function provided by VBScript and JScript
when running scripts embedded within an HTML page. Internet Explorer
disallows the use of this call because of security reasons. ..."

This dates all the way back to IE5.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting