Can't create hyperlink

Carlos M. Contreras

Jun 15, 2007, 7:51:21 AM6/15/07
I'm having a problem tryin to create a hyperlink to an external web site.
When I click the "browse the web" button, I get an "an error occurred while
browsing files". How can I solve this?

TIA,
Carlos

Carlos M. Contreras

Jun 15, 2007, 7:57:23 AM6/15/07
I forgot to mention: I'm using FP 2003

"Carlos M. Contreras" <noo...@noone.com> wrote in message

L Covey

Jun 15, 2007, 11:07:51 PM6/15/07
Carlos M. Contreras wrote:
> I'm having a problem tryin to create a hyperlink to an external web site.
> When I click the "browse the web" button, I get an "an error occurred while
> browsing files". How can I solve this?
>
> TIA,
> Carlos

Right now, I don't know where the "browse the web" button is.

Can you just right click on the external site somewhere, choose
hyperlink, etc.?

LC

Carlos M. Contreras

Jun 16, 2007, 6:51:45 AM6/16/07
That button is located in the "insert hyperlink" dialog, between the "up one
level"and the "browse for a file". It looks like the Esrth witg a
magnifier.

"L Covey" <ljc...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

L Covey

Jun 16, 2007, 7:43:44 AM6/16/07
I see the button now. I have never used it. Mine seems to work fine,
which doesn't solve your problem, however. Maybe it is a browser problem.

Not to worry. (1) What I have done is go online to find an external
site that I want to link to. (2) Next copy and paste its URL onto the
page in FrontPage2003, in the desired spot on that page. (3) Select
this link text, then right click to get a small dialog box with
"hyperlink" at the bottom of it. (4) click "hyperlink". Since the URL
to the external site appears in the top window - "text to display", I
just re-key it into the "address" window at the bottom. Then I remove
and key the text I want to display in the top window.

I know this is a round about way, but it works for me.

Good luck,

LC

Carlos M. Contreras

Jun 16, 2007, 8:09:28 AM6/16/07

"L Covey" <ljc...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

... and now it works for me. Thanks for the idea.

Carlos

L Covey

Jun 16, 2007, 10:38:58 AM6/16/07
You are welcome.

LC

Carlos M. Contreras

Jun 26, 2007, 8:25:33 PM6/26/07

"L Covey" <ljc...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

I found out that the problem is caused because I have Firefox set as default
instead of IE.

L Covey

Jun 26, 2007, 9:53:54 PM6/26/07
I see. Well, I hope that I was of some help. Glad you figured out the
problem.

LC