OWA behind a Firewall

Mike Waugh

Jan 23, 2002, 1:04:16 PM1/23/02
From my network I can use OWA just fine.

But from the outside I can login but I only get
the "Loading..." message. This also happens when I click
on the Folders Tab. After about a minute I get
an "Unknown Error 400"

We have a firewall, and as far as I can tell this is the
only difference.

Any ideas?

John McIntosh

Jan 23, 2002, 2:49:47 PM1/23/02
I have the same problem using Wingate as my Proxy server. It doesn't support
the WEBDAV protocol that OWA uses. This might be your problem.
"Mike Waugh" <mi...@inglenet.com> wrote in message

Austin Adams

Feb 21, 2002, 10:38:36 AM2/21/02
I'm getting the same error. Any luck finding a solution? This
started happening immediately after I loaded Exchange Sp2. It solved
the problem of my not being able to connect to public folders while
connecting from the LAN but busted OWA access from the outside. Nice
tradeoff.

Andreas Hötzinger

Mar 1, 2002, 3:25:38 PM3/1/02
I had the Same Problem, maybe your Firewall is not able to

Pass the HTTP-WEBDAV-Extension. There is a workarround.

First you have to install Exchange Service Pack 2.

Locate and click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MsExchangeWEB

On the Edit menu, click Add Key .

In the Key Name box, type OWA , and then click OK .

Click the OWA key that you just created.

On the Edit menu, click Add Value , and then add the following registry
value:

Value name: ForceClientsDownLevel

Data type: REG_DWORD

Value data: 1

Quit Registry Editor.

Restart your IIS-Admin-Service.

The OWA is now running in a No-WEBDAV-Mode.

bye

Andreas Hötzinger

MCSE

"Austin Adams" <aad...@gsdm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag