Mapi Events

IT

Feb 14, 2008, 7:35:26 AM2/14/08

Exchange 2007 SP1 CCR -

The following event is being logged in event viewer -
MSExchangeIS
General
9646

Mapi session "/o=CompanyName/ou=DomainName/cn=Recipients/cn=Username
exceededthe maximum of 500 objects of type "objtFolderView".
Mapi session "/o=CompanyName/ou=DomainName/cn=Recipients/cn=Username"
exceeded the maximum of 1792 objects of type "objtFolder".

If I add in the registry value -
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676486(EXCHG.80).aspx

I keep getting the errors - as the object counter will just increase - is
this normal behaviour -

This happens to a nunber of users - some have blackberrys and also work off
a large shared mailbox.

Any thoughts?

John Fullbright

Feb 14, 2008, 8:02:50 PM2/14/08
This isn't normal, and my guess would be the shared mailbox. I say this
because the objfolderview is also exceeding the limit.
You need to think about the pros and cons of a shared folder vs a
distribution group. What benefit is is providing you that you couldn't
otherwise achieve? SIS? If the members of the DG are on the same store SIS
is maintained.

John

"IT" <horse...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

IT

Feb 15, 2008, 3:43:56 AM2/15/08
We have other shared mailboxes that do not seem to be causing this issue -
and only users are only affected - We have had this setup since 5.5 without
issue -
What is the likely cause with the shared mailbox
Not sure how to trouble shoot this issue?
Any thoughts

"John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamnetappdotcom> wrote in message